Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-05-2006, 11:09 PM Reply   
I first heard about this boutique "wax" product a few years ago for use on cars. A lot of show car enthusiasts and "car people" swear by the depth of shine and protection that Zaino offers, not to mention the long lasting results and ease of application and removal. I emailed the company about a marine application, and the owner made some suggestions, and let me know that he had great success using the product on gelcoat, and that the level of UV protection, water spot elimination, and etc, would be unparalleled. I have to say I agree.

It was a VERY time consuming and laborious process.
1. Wash boat with Dawn dishwashing soap (alkaline) to remove all wax buildup and surface contaminents.
2. Clay bar entire boat (Z-18).
3. Wash boat with Zaino Z-7 car wash and dry thoroughly before water spots form.
4. Apply Zaino Z-5 polymer for swirl marks enabled with ZFX accelerator and remove with 100% USA made cotton bath towel.
5. Apply Z-6 detail spray over entire boat and wipe/remove with 100% USA made cotton bath towel.
6. Apply Zaino Z-3 polymer enabled with ZFX accelerator and remove with 100% USA made cotton bath towel - as many coats as you want, using Z-6 between each coat.

I did a coat of Z-5 and a coat of Z-3 with Z-6 between them and at the end. I took the boat out on Saturday, and by the end of the day, the boat looked trashed. Water spots everywhere - it was 90 degrees on a black boat so the water beads dried instantly. I used a damp microfiber towel to clean up afterwards at the ramp, and it looked like I had literally just waxed the boat right there at the ramp. I did another coat of the Z-3 yesterday followed by Z-6. The boat feels like a new boat. You know, that soft, supple gelcoat feeling on the new boats at your local dealer? I have that feeling once again.

Check out the depth of the shine in the gel...

Upload