Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ripcurl74)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-07-2007, 2:22 PM Reply   
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone's tried both the drew phase 5 pro model and the inland surfer 4-skim?? We got the drew pro model and it's not working for us...we're all in the 180 - 200lb range and the board is only working for a few surface tricks, but not big enough for others...we're looking for a decent trick board that will still be able to generate speed and be able to get some air on......any suggestions? We're not sure if it's solely the shorter length of this board that's the problem or the fact that it is extremely light as well?
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-07-2007, 2:57 PM Reply   
I'm going to say it's the length and/or thickness because the lighter a board's core is the more flotation it has.
Old     (sketter)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-08-2007, 3:27 PM Reply   
JASON: I am in the 190lb range, I also just purchased the drew. I have been riding the inland surfer yellow for a few years now. I thought I was upgrading when I bought it. The drew has half the speed of the yellow with me on it. It is slower to spin and harder to get air on. My riding buddy goes about 160lbs and rips on the drew it has definitely taking his skills to the next level. I think I just weigh too much to rip on the drew. I am going to demo the 4skim and a couple of shred stixx this weekend, I will let you know witch ones shred for our weight.
Old     (elduche)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-10-2007, 10:22 AM Reply   
wow, Jason, its been a while, how have you been?!

Duncan