Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-29-2004, 7:50 PM Reply   
I heard that a bunch of WakeWolders are camping at Don Pedro this weekend. Is this true? Any room for a fellow WakeWolder? My camping plans got squashed this morning and I'm sort of scrambling to make alternative plans. I have an '00 X-Star (with a great system) but no crew. Let me know. If not, no biggie. I can find something else.
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-29-2004, 8:57 PM Reply   
Matt - Check your email...
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-29-2004, 9:10 PM Reply   
we'll be up there on saturday, so if you see us say hi
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-29-2004, 9:27 PM Reply   
Chris - What color is your Malibu? I'll look for you. We will have two Malibus up there...one black/grey and one is blue/white. See you out there!
Old    wakelvr            07-29-2004, 9:28 PM Reply   
Hey all,

we will be out there Saturday morning through Sunday. We will be shore camping Saturday night near Flemming but riding most likely in the canyons. We'll have our blue x2 and my friends black and grey SangAIR. Look for us and say hi. We plan on hooking up with Fisher somewhere in the middle possibly by the waterfall so look for her boat too.

Supposed to be windy out there this weekend so we may be tubing, baha!

Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-29-2004, 9:45 PM Reply   
Its an all white 04 lsv with a blue bimini with a white stripe. we usally go out of flemming medows, the go straight across from there and there is a nice cove that we use.
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-29-2004, 10:08 PM Reply   
We will be on the other side at Mocassin Point, but we will probably head that way at some point during the weekend. Stop and say hello if you see us.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-29-2004, 10:16 PM Reply   
Will do
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-30-2004, 8:01 AM Reply   
I was at Pedro last weekend. So, just a bit of advice for you. HIT THE WATER EARLY!! Earlier then you ever have before in your life!!!!

Last weekend the water was crap by 8:30 AM. It didn't get any better at night either.

Blue and white... sounds like Buffalow's boat.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-30-2004, 8:05 AM Reply   
nooo you lie, darn, cause we get there at like 9, ill see if i can get dad to leave 4 6. and whats your definition of crap? like rollers every where? cause thats when i call it over, when the wind picks up and rollers from boats you dont see.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-30-2004, 8:21 AM Reply   
nope, not buffalow's.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-30-2004, 8:22 AM Reply   
Last weekend there was little wind period. By 8:30 AM it was all rollers...everywhere. Everyone was out early. Maybe it was just an unusually busy weekend there. I've never seen it that bad before. If I could do last weekend over, I would be on the water by 5:30 AM.
Old    wakelvr            07-30-2004, 8:53 AM Reply   
This is why we shore camp. Soon as the sun peaks, we are up and riding!

There was a time you could count on good runs in the evening at DP. Lately between the rollers and wind, it's been crap. So yes, we'll be up at the crack of dawn;-)

Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-30-2004, 9:02 AM Reply   
Christie,

Can you please send the email to mpaquett@visa.com. I do not have access to the account listed on my WakeWorld profile right now.

Will there be any kids there?

Thanks!
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-30-2004, 9:15 AM Reply   
So Sorry Matt that our plans all got squashed.

Stef, got your email, thanks will get back to you.

JRod, we too have had bad luck at Pedro each time this year with wind and rollers on the lake too. It's been very windy there the past 3x we have been on that lake. Not sure if we will go back to Pedro this year. Hope you all have a good time.
Old    wakelvr            07-30-2004, 9:20 AM Reply   
Matt,

Christie is gone, she left this morning. I will email you with her contact info.

Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-30-2004, 5:02 PM Reply   
I'll be there tomorrow morning with the boat. I was unable to make a reservation and am hoping they will have an open spot for me when I get there. If not, I'll just stay in a local hotel or somehting. See you all tomorrow! Thanks for letting me join on this trip.

Best regards,

Matt Paquette