Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (MichaelPerez)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-22-2014, 8:12 PM Reply   
I'm looking for a new cable board and have narrowed it down between the Ronix El Von Schnook and the Slingshot Windsor. I'm looking for an all around cable board. Unluckily I don't have a chance to ride either so I wanted to know if any of you guys have ridden either.
Old     (svnfightsvn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       07-25-2014, 10:55 AM Reply   
I own a 141 windsor. I mainly ride behind the boat, but I've been to the cable with it. I think its too big for me, so I've listed it for sale in the classifieds.
I really like the board but probably should have gotten a 137. Its basically a Kine with bottom features to help it ride finless and slightly thinner tip and tail. It has the Atomic C core like the Kine, so its a little stiffer in the middle than the team series boards (recoil, response, reflex) - thats why I thought I'd try it behind the boat.
Since it sounds like you are interested in the board for cable only, I won't give you my 2 cents on how it rode behind the boat, but at the cable it was fun. Its got some good flex once you get it on the nose or tail. I'm not really a cable guy (the closest to me is 3 hrs away), but if you ride a lot of cable, I'm sure you will have no problem tearing around the park with it.
Since I mainly ride boat, I kinda wish I had held on to my old watson hybrid. I couldn't feel any noticable difference between how they both rode at the cable, but I mainly stick to the smaller rails and boxes.
Old     (MichaelPerez)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-26-2014, 5:59 PM Reply   
Just out of curiosity how does the windsor ride behind the boat? Also, how are the ollies? That's what I'm worried about on the windsor.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-27-2014, 11:41 AM Reply   
I have a barely used von videl 2o13 141 model for sale in classifieds..
Old     (svnfightsvn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       07-28-2014, 6:03 AM Reply   
Behind the boat the board isn't a quick as some continuous rocker boards I've ridden, but I can still take it out into the flats without any problem. When I time the pop right, I can get some serious height on my wake jumps. Again - it feels like its too big for me because its not as easy to fling around as my older board when I'm trying to spin more than 3, but its fun to float nice 180s and 3's on.
As for ollies, with a good pre-pop I can get onto some knee-high rails, etc with the board, but this wasn't any different from any of my other boards. Like I said, I'm not much of a cable rider and don't do to many ollie's behind the boat