Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (sangermadness)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-05-2012, 10:03 PM Reply   
Had a altercation with a sumbmerged rock (unmarked) yesterday and I lost. Anyone have good experiences with any shops from Sacramento to Monterey? Motor will have to come out to fix the 'glass around the strut. Needs shaft, strut,and prop. Sheared off the rudder also. Hoping for a good shop that can get this done in a decent amout of time to salvage what I can of my summer.

Quality is more important than time for sure. I cant believe this happened to my baby!( Sanger v210) Bummed big time. Anyone work with Marine services in Rancho Cordova? Sacramento boat works? I dont have many shops close to home and want a good hull repair place.I live a little south of San Jose. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by sangermadness; 07-05-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old     (RonBurgundy)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-05-2012, 10:05 PM Reply   
Unfortunately I do not have a shop reccomendation, but I am curious where this happened? Obviously need to avoid it with the low water levels!
Old     (mach90)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-05-2012, 11:16 PM Reply   
First off ... sorry for your unfortunate experience. I hope your get up and running quickly!

Although I have never had the opportunity to use them, I have heard good reports about Topside Marine down near you (close to SJC airport) and they speak Sanger.

I know about a guy in a V215 who had a similar experience to yours and used Bob Bense at Superior Boat Service & Repair in Rancho Cordova. I personally saw the boat right before they put the motor in and it looked great.

Also, checkout SangerNation.com; here's one thread to start you off .... http://www.sangernation.com/index.ph...viewthread/77/

Lastly, please share what lake and where you where on the water so we all can hopefully learn from your experience.

Good luck!
Old     (h2ohangtime)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-06-2012, 5:44 AM Reply   
Go talk to Jim or Bill at Topside Marine. They're in San Jose near North 10th and 101. Great shop, easy to work with, and they've been doing it for a VERY long time.

http://www.topsidemarine.com/
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-06-2012, 9:00 AM Reply   
Jacob Henline @ Sterling Marine in Rancho Cordova is excellant.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-06-2012, 9:05 AM Reply   
Topside marine! I live in sj and have a v210 also very nice. This happen at calero
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-06-2012, 9:18 AM Reply   
I hope your boat was insured. I did the same thing about 3 years ago and it was a 5 figure repair bill.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-06-2012, 9:30 AM Reply   
5 figures!!!!
Old     (jbird)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-06-2012, 9:31 AM Reply   
Morrison Marine in Rancho Cordova, if Bob Bense at Superior can't fix it, he'll refer you to Morrison, thay are good!
Old     (sangermadness)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-06-2012, 9:59 AM Reply   
I think I will call Topside and see what they say. It was just a quick 1/2 dayer at San Luis res. before going to a BBQ. Just me, my wife and one of our daughters for a little wakeboarding. Was there the sat. before in the same area all day. Water had dropped a couple ft.

35 YRS i have never hit anything! We were only going about 15 MPH so I was nose high. In one way it was better because the additude of the boat gave us some cushion. If we were running with nose down someone may have gotten pitched and hurt. So that is the good part. Looked at it more last nite. Missed the center skegs and hit the prop shaft first and the load cracked the bellhousing! After it happened my daughter swam to the rock(about 2x3') and all the way around it (360 deg) dropped straght down and could not touch bottom. Yes it is insured and will probably be in the 6-10k range. I just want to puke right now it makes me so sick. Hopefully I can save some of the summer.

Dont take your surroundings for granted, ever. Boat safe this weekend people. Anymore shop advise is welcome. And thanks for some input. John

Last edited by sangermadness; 07-06-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-06-2012, 11:31 AM Reply   
Well I'm never going there!! Lol
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-06-2012, 11:49 AM Reply   
You have insurance, so you'll be fine. Unfortunately you'll miss your boat for much of the summer.

I did mine flipping a bitch at the end of the slough behind Orwood at riding speed while pulling a rider at about 25mph. I took it wide first and then cranked it left hard. I struck ground in about 2 feet of water, and after the "WHACK" I watched my rudder skip across the water like a flat stone.

Prop, rudder, shaft, strut, gel coat, alignment.....everything was toast. The bill to the insurance company was $12,000. My share....$700.
Attached Images

Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-06-2012, 12:36 PM Reply   
Did the same minus the bell housing - $5k, lost about a month.

Cost me $500.

It's "just a boat" - no one got hurt. All is well brother.
Old     (sangermadness)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-06-2012, 4:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
Did the same minus the bell housing - $5k, lost about a month.

Cost me $500.

It's "just a boat" - no one got hurt. All is well brother.
I agree, no body was hurt. It was so weird, it was loud but did not really even stop the boat. Must have been the angle from going slow.

Just got back from dropping off the boat. They looked at it and said they have never seen a Sanger crack like that. Just my luck, Seem like great guys and knowlegable at Topside Marine. Well we will see what happens. I dig this boat and looked alot to find a clean one. Makes me sick.

J-Rod, yours looks new compared to mine. Thanks again guys. John

Anyone need a third?

Last edited by sangermadness; 07-06-2012 at 4:40 PM.