Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (wondermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-01-2007, 5:41 PM Reply   
I need help getting this trick. I can do HS BS 180's very well. But every time i take it to a 3 i either spin to late which results in a back flop. Or i spin but end up a little off axis. I also think i am closing my eyes. Any help is much appreciated.
Old    alanp            09-01-2007, 7:34 PM Reply   
first off keep you eyes open.
next really stick your butt out, into the boat. exaggerate this. bend over at the waist and pretend you are mooning everyone in the boat. i also pass the handle lower than i do in fs spins.
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-14-2007, 3:43 PM Reply   
Good advise Alan. The only other thing I would add is try slowing the boat down 2 mph and only doing it 1 wake first. You will get less tension in the line and a more vertical pop.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-14-2007, 11:42 PM Reply   
I think part of the biggest problem is the habit you made of not looking at the boat when learning HSBS 180's. Now with the three you want to look at the boat; a hard habit to break. Once you get the pass and look at the boat, you see everything. I literally landed my first ever attempt at this trick w2w. All I thought was, pop, pull harder earlier than a normal 180, get the handle, and look for the wake.

FWIW I just knocked myself silly on one of these wednesday. Just barely off axis and caught a TS edge. I am pretty sure I spun a little off the wake, and being cocky I was trying to correct my axis in the air. Nice little concussion, not to pretty. Respect all tricks, even when they are starting to feel stock.
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-15-2007, 8:01 AM Reply   
when I do them I make sure to hold on to the handle with both hands until I am in the air. I learned them with an indy grab, even though most of the time when I threw them I would only tap the board it really made me ball up and helped me to get into the backside spinning position. once I come off the wake I pull my knees to my chest and reach for the grab while pulling the handle towards my butt. Once I grab the board and reach for the handle I am done with the first 180. I make the pass and really focus on keeping my back straight and my head up and turning my head to the boat(eyes open). At this point you can see everything that is about to happen and make the adjustments you need to but it should fall right into place. Most of the time I don't get my lead hand back on the handle until I am already riding away and I have paid the price for this several times and I don't think that it looks as good as finishing both passes before hitting the water. Be sure to do your bs1's and bs3's in the same set or you will find that you can quickly loose the 1 after you get comfortable with the 3.