Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ladbg)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-22-2011, 11:45 AM Reply   
Anyone use a motorized ball valve in their ballast system. I have a couple in mind but would like input from some one with first hand experience. I did a forum search and did not come up with anything.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-22-2011, 11:53 AM Reply   
They would be great but are expensive. I think that's why no one has put them in.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-22-2011, 12:51 PM Reply   
I know that someone has used them before and I am pretty sure that I saw them on this site. I will try and find the post.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-22-2011, 12:59 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...highlight=asco
Old     (ladbg)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-22-2011, 3:57 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info. I just ordered one of these:[URL="http://catalog.farmchem.com/acatalog/Spraying_Systems_12_Volt_Electric_Ball_Valves.html"

Looks like a well made valve will see how it works.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-22-2011, 5:22 PM Reply   
Cool - I am glad that I could help.

I think it is important that you have a manual (fail safe) way to shut of the water inflow into your boat. If that electrical valve is the only line of defense and it fails in the open position you may have a problem on your hands.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-22-2011, 9:37 PM Reply   
What are you using the ball valve for in your system?
Old     (ladbg)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-23-2011, 4:14 AM Reply   
I have a 2006 supra 24 with the 2000 gph rule pump running through a 3/4" sprinkler valve to fill the center sac and use a 1200 gph and 1" line to pump out. I already added two more pumps and thru hulls for the side sacs so the rule is only used to fill the center. My plan is to change out the 3/4" fill line to 1" and plumb in place the MOV motor operated valve in place of the restrictive sprinkler valve. With this I have a positive shutoff and no need to modify the scoop or mess with a loop. Little more money but it is only one valve. Should dramaticaly improve fill time.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-23-2011, 2:29 PM Reply   
That works. Yeah that is about the only way to get around changing the scoop strainer to the mushroom style thru-hull fitting.