Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-25-2007, 1:36 PM Reply   
When you buy a new boat, do the batteries get installed at the factory or are they installed by the dealer? My 21v is just under a year old. It has dual Interstate Batteries, one of which will not hold a load. I take it to a dealer who calls Interstate and the battery has a date of August 2005. So I get a new boat with a 9-10 month old battery in it. Warranty no good. Who slid it to me, the dealer or Skiers Choice? If it was Skiers Choice, I'd believe it was an accident. If it was the dealer I bought it off of, I'd claim intentional. Anyone who has purchased from the same dealer I did would claim the same.

(Message edited by dudeman on May 25, 2007)
Old     (lowdrag)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-25-2007, 1:48 PM Reply   
I wouldn't think having a 9-10 month old battery in your new boat would be unusual. If you go to any store and buy a battery I'd bet the chances are pretty good you'd get one as old or older. Skiers Choice probably buys the batteries in bulk directly from interstate or a large supplier. You'd think though that the warranty period wouldn't start until the boat is sold just like any other warranty.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-25-2007, 1:55 PM Reply   
You would think that would be the case but it's not. Battery says 24 month warranty. Sticker on the side says anything under 18 months replaced for free minus taxes. Call Interstate and they tell you a year and anything over that they will deduct $1 from the price of a new battery for the remaining months that make up the 24 from the date of manufacture.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-25-2007, 2:53 PM Reply   
Skiers Choice does not supply batteries to their dealers. It is the dealer's responsibility.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-25-2007, 3:08 PM Reply   
That's what I figured Jon. This dealer has been referred to in a round about way on this site without the actual name being mentioned. I'll mention it. Grandpa's Marine in Greensboro, NC. The owner and the guy who runs it for him are world class aholes. This isn't my first issue with them, so I'm not just flying off the cuff. They're all about taking your money as long as once you pull your boat off the lot, don't come back. That is unless you're giving them more money. Nuff said.

(Message edited by dudeman on May 25, 2007)