Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (oddos2525)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-15-2009, 6:20 PM Reply   
are all straightline ropes made of spectra or Dyneema?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-15-2009, 8:06 PM Reply   
i think it can be said of all the wake rope companies that they make all their high end ropes of either material. but all companies do make low end intro ropes that are poly e and such. just read the label and description.

any rope you looking at or for in particular?
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-16-2009, 7:13 AM Reply   
Not sure if your looking at different brands, but I have had only straightline and Accurate, And much prefer Accurate lines. I do however like straightline handles.
Old     (jasonpav)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-16-2009, 7:14 AM Reply   
Proline all the way
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-16-2009, 7:38 AM Reply   
I do also like proline, never bought one but know people who own them and they do last.
Old     (210san)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-16-2009, 8:20 AM Reply   
accurate a-line is my favorite line and Proline LG is my favorite handle

All the other coated ropes I have owned have had some kind of issue with the coating either tearing, ripping, or melting. The a-line seams to have the thickest and/or most durable coating. Some people may not like it because it is thicker and a tad bit heavier than some of the others out there. but it is only coated rope I have had last more than one season.

These are just my opinions and your mileage may very.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-16-2009, 9:30 AM Reply   
My straightline rope coating is terrible. Do they do anything for that? it is torn up all over the place and doesn't coil for jack anymore. I do like my Proline LG handle though.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-16-2009, 10:27 AM Reply   
I heard Spectra and Dyneema were two copyrighted brand names for rope that is very similar based on whats it made from.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-16-2009, 10:33 AM Reply   
MY proline handle sinks and is ripped to crap after half season. And my proline coated rope sinks like a rock also. I actually lately have put a sl handle on the proline rope and the rope nearly pulls the handle under and the sl handle floats like a cork.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-16-2009, 11:32 AM Reply   
Kevin - Contact Proline and see what they can do for you. Their customer service is awesome.
Old    Slingshot            06-16-2009, 11:35 AM Reply   
The LG1 handle is my favorite handle. Its super soft which is rad, but its going to wear out faster. I don't care though cause its awesome! Any coated line you have that gets a hole in it is going to sink. Proline is the best coated line out there in my opinion. Helium is pretty good too. I was not too stoked on the straight line coated lines. The coating is not tight on the rope. I have never used accurate coated line.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-16-2009, 11:43 AM Reply   
Kevin that is a defect and CS will replace it no questions asked!
Old     (thedoubleupkid)      Join Date: May 2008       06-16-2009, 12:23 PM Reply   
Kevin, contact Mat Wiberg @ 425-775-5416 x233 and we will get you straightened out.

- Casey @ Proline
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-16-2009, 9:42 PM Reply   
My spectra Accurate line sinks too, but at least the handle floats, sucks when it gets stuck under the boat though. Learned to watch out for that after it happened twice, riding double not paying attention to both lines.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-17-2009, 7:52 AM Reply   
yeah its taken care of, they said no problem. I only sent the handle in though, is the rope sinking a warranty thing also? I didnt think it was since it always has. I really wish there were some smaller floats built into the inside of the rubber on the handle, because it is by far the best handle i have ever used.
Old     (thedoubleupkid)      Join Date: May 2008       06-17-2009, 8:53 AM Reply   
2010 product has a sealed and lighter bar which will end any Proline sinking issues.