Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-13-2008, 10:32 AM Reply   
So I get board when I am supposed to be studying, and go on wakeboardingmag.com and fantasize about one day buying a wakeboard boat lol. I read stuff like this boats wake has a nice long transition, this one has a nice rampy wake, this one has a real steep wake, mellow wake, etc.

Whats all this mean? Ive heard Epics have a really steep wake, but ive read they can be adjusted with the trim tab to make them more mellow. Does this mean rampy? And what is rampy? lol

I was riding a Nautique 211 and blew out my ankle. It booted me. Im used to riding Malibus and Supras but i felt the Natique wake was steeper. But idk, so Im just bored, reading up and educating myself on all that I can. Only 4 more weeks till I can ride again!
Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-13-2008, 10:38 AM Reply   
I think mellow and long transition are the same thing, and i think steep and rampy are the same thing but I'm not quite for sure on what they mean by rampy, it's kinda like saying a jump is jumpy.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-13-2008, 11:14 AM Reply   
Long transition refers to the length from the trough of the wake to the peak. A wake with a long transition is typically more "mellow" because it generally has a softer feel because the water is more dispersed throughout the wake making it a softer.

Steep, and hard typically go together and refer to a shorter transitioned, more compact wake. The water is packed into a tighter package making the wake more dense, creating more of a boot than a mellow wake.

Finding a perfect mix of the two is where its at but it can be hard to do.
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-13-2008, 11:18 AM Reply   
You might be over-thinking it a little...

they verbage is used for what the word is..