Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (wakechic82)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-17-2008, 8:29 AM Reply   
I currently ride the 2007 Hyperlite Eden and I like it, but I am looking for something new. Since I have been knowing what I am doing, I have only riden the Eden, so I don't have anything to compare it to. I like the 3 stage rocker, but have never tried a continous rocker. I have been deciding between the 2008 Hyperlite Syn (I really like the graphics) the Blur and the Liquid Force Jett. This next board is going to have to last me a long time. Any suggestions on which one I should choose? Is it true that I won't get as good of pop off the wake with the continous rocker?
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-17-2008, 7:43 PM Reply   
Allison...I would really recommend you demo first. I rode the the Eden for 3 years and just went to a Ronix Krush. I LOVE it, but I demo'd it first. I also rode the LF Jett. It was good too with really soft landings...but the 136 was too big and 132 too small. So I went with the 134 Ronix. I am more confident on it and love it. But because I also demo'd the LF Amber closed toe bindings when I demo'd the Jett, I bought the bindings. It really does pay to try it out first.
Old     (wakebabie)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-08-2008, 9:18 AM Reply   
um yea im pretty sur that its liquid force all the way lol
Old     (squanta)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-08-2008, 5:32 PM Reply   
ya, i agree with socal m.o.b, it really helps to demo a board. you can feel if you like the ride or not, but if you are unable to go to a demo then i would suggest the jett. i did a demo with the jett and it is an awesome board, its a little loose but i like it. it does have pop, and i liked the board a lot. i would also recommend the wing closed toe bindings, they are so comfortable and keep your heel down. i love the bindings and would have bought them, but i just got a pair from ronix. another board to look at is the ronix krush, just like socal m.o.b said, i ride it and i love it. so, i would choose between the jett and krush.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-17-2008, 7:19 AM Reply   
Both the Jett and krush are great boards, it all really depends on what you like. The Jett is much more loose than the Krush and has softer landings. But the Krush is easier to put on edge than the Jett. Both have great pop. The Krush is going to be very similar to your Eden, both have the assymetrical design by Mike Ferraro. I have owned both the Jett and the Krush, but I kept the Jett and sold the Krush to a friend. I decided on the Jett cause I prefer a loose board (I find it more fun and it really helps out not faceplanting on sketchy landings) with softer landings
Old     (wakechic82)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-17-2008, 8:59 AM Reply   
Thats good to hear, because I am the faceplant queen! Could that have anything to do with being on a board that is too small? My board is a 130 and I am 5'7" and weigh 130. I think I am going to go with the Jett, but should I get a 132 or 136? I have also thought about the Syn, but I don't think I would like a continous rocker. I almost prefer to go slower and have more control. And thanks everyone for the advice!
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-17-2008, 6:45 PM Reply   
That board is too small for you! I mean you could ride it, but you will find it so much nicer on a bigger board. I'd say go for the 136, I have the 132 and I weigh 90 lbs and I could easily ride a board that is 134. The 136 will give you more pop and softer landings.
Old     (wakinali)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-17-2008, 7:29 PM Reply   
O'brien all the way!!