Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (nickbinkoski)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-08-2005, 4:19 PM Reply   
no one sponsored, 1 board shop hour 1/2 north of lake mead (mainly snowboards), not one boat dealership sponsors anyone, "there is no scene" - say it's not TRUE
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-08-2005, 7:57 PM Reply   
nick...

we board...there is a scene but no one ever gets together to ride really...not sure why but we dont. i have tried many a times but no one seems to want to get together...
Old     (nickbinkoski)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-09-2005, 8:42 AM Reply   
The Tige dealership said that he tried to get some local demos and tournys going but he did not have enough interest. Mastercraft dealership said owning a wakeboarding was the new fad - more people are into wakeboarding for the look than to actually ride. The two - so to speak "camps" in the area, will not even return my calls. Just do not get why it is so hard to ride here ??? Seems like to do any riding you need to own your own boat.
Old    bkside_ali            08-09-2005, 3:11 PM Reply   
Lake Mead is home to one of the westcoast's most talented upcoming new wakeboarders Travis, he is sponsored by the Master Craft boat shop in Henderson (they haven't given him a boat but they pay for all tournies and expences.) He is a Boulder City local and one sick ass rider. Where is it that you guys are launching out of, cause i'll tell you what you gotta be on the wrong side of Lake! The "WALL" is always a rad local scene. As for board shops stop by the Pro Shop on Lake Mead off of the 95Hwy in Henderson. Actually not long ago Pro Shop brought out Murry to demo boats and do a ride along. Oh yeah it never hurts to invest in your own boat, i'm sure you'll quickly find plenty of people to ride with.

(Message edited by bkside_ali on August 09, 2005)
Old     (nickbinkoski)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-09-2005, 4:15 PM Reply   
Do not know why the Mastercraft Dealership wouldn't of mentioned his name. If you know him personaly hook me up with him, sure we both could push eachother since it sounds like he is looking to advance his riding ability.
Old    bkside_ali            08-09-2005, 4:53 PM Reply   
My brother in-law just bought his mama's house, they have talked to him quite a bit and we see him out there alot however we still haven't rode with him. So chances are looking kind-of slim thats one fish your gonna have to hook ourself.
Old     (nickbinkoski)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-09-2005, 6:02 PM Reply   
guess it shouldn't be too hard to find the most talented wakeboarder out at mead - thanks for the help