Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-05-2007, 7:31 PM Reply   
I have an Ewa bag camera housing for the DVX100. Its about a year old and im asking $400

Also a .8x wide angle for $300
Old    kc700            03-06-2007, 12:10 AM Reply   
hijack....travis, you know if anyone makes housings for the arriflex s/b.....or ones that arent rediculously expensive....end hijack
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-06-2007, 10:40 AM Reply   
what wide angle is it?

Kyle- You want a cheap housing for an Arriflex? Not going to happen. Try checking out www.waterhousings.com
They have a housing for the Arriflex 16's and 35's
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-06-2007, 1:24 PM Reply   
Brinks - The lens is made by Panasonic

Kyle - If ur in the LA area try Hydroflex.com i dont think they sell, but i know you can rent from them. Did you ever get ur arri s? and are you shooting 100 ft. or 400 ft. mags? just curious...
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-06-2007, 1:26 PM Reply   
Also kyle - shooting with a film cam from the tube is pretty tricky because of the weight.
Old    kc700            03-06-2007, 10:48 PM Reply   
Brinks-thanks for the tip on that site, I didnt really think cheap would be a possibility but you can always dream right? haha In my experience "cheap" and "Film" rarely go hand in hand. The housings seem to be no exception.

Travis- Yeah i got a hold of an arri for the right price finally, And i have been shooting 400ft mags, i was lucky enough to get three 400 foot mags included when i bought the camera, Ill throw in some pics of the whole package.......
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by kc700 on March 06, 2007)
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-06-2007, 11:23 PM Reply   
Nice, have you gone through telecine yet? Good luck with the rest of the film, what is it called and if you dont mind if i ask but whos helpen you out on this?
Old    kc700            03-07-2007, 12:04 AM Reply   
I went in for the telecine on my first few test rolls yesterday, just testing some film stocks, Gotta iron out some exposure kinks but i really dig some of the fuji 500d stuff, i like the look. As much as i like the fuji stock; kodak is kicking me down a few thousand feet so well see what i decide to go with in the end. Ive been shooting some super8 on my kinoflex and i think im gonna use that A bit too. The film has two possible working titles, and when i settle on one ill let you know, Im using this as my thesis for film school, so i have a friend from school helping with some of the motion graphics, Dave at DPC has been helping me with some of the logistics details and is helping a bit on one of the slider shoots, but ill be doing most of it on my own......Its only my second wake film,but im stoked on the mix of riders so well see how it goes.

(Message edited by kc700 on March 07, 2007)

(Message edited by kc700 on March 07, 2007)
Old    kc700            03-07-2007, 12:14 AM Reply   
I actually would like to run a few questions by you, as far as the using the arri on wake stuff, since youve done it already.
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-07-2007, 10:25 AM Reply   
Thats cool man, telecine on the first time is nerve racking but once you see the footage it makes it all better. We have been meaning to try out fuji but havent gotten to it yet. But ya man good luck with the shooting, if you got any questions about anything camera send it to my buddy Geoff, he DP's everything that i do. geoff@valtierrakutz.com