Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (lknwakecom)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-18-2012, 8:16 AM Reply   
http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/out...rm-full-movie/
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-18-2012, 2:44 PM Reply   
Where in nc was it filmed? Watched the first few minutes and it's sick. Can't wait to watch the rest!
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-18-2012, 3:30 PM Reply   
I'll go ahead and drop the bomb - I see lot's of people are so cool and skilled they don't need vests anymore. It really is shocking. Split open head wakeskating, headslam on a 7 attempt (wearing vest...) I don't get it.

That said, nice riding, will finish watching later.
Old     (jdb11386)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-18-2012, 4:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
Where in nc was it filmed? Watched the first few minutes and it's sick. Can't wait to watch the rest!
I may be wrong but after readIng the title Im thinking lake Norman is where some of it was filmed

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
Old     (wspeedin)      Join Date: May 2011       09-19-2012, 7:10 AM Reply   
This was filmed on Lake Norman and some of it out in Wilmington area. The cable riding was done at East Coast Wake Park in Greenville, NC.

Matt Deal and Sam Baker are the ones who ride out near Wilmington.
The Pierce brothers, Michael Sutherland and the others are normally riding on Lake Norman.

I too would strongly recommend wearing a life jacket, especially since it is the law here in NC!

However, great job riding guys! And great filming Rob!!!
Old     (jesutton)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-19-2012, 10:30 AM Reply   
Pretty sure NC law is you don't need a life jacket if you have an observer or a mirror on the boat.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-19-2012, 10:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesutton View Post
Pretty sure NC law is you don't need a life jacket if you have an observer or a mirror on the boat.
Indeed that is the law
Old     (ToPHeR35)      Join Date: Jul 2011       09-19-2012, 11:38 AM Reply   
Lake Norman is the sh*t! My dream lakehouse would be on that lake. You could board for days on that huge sucker! Even more impressive that it's man made!
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-20-2012, 9:19 AM Reply   
I wasn't referencing any laws.

Watched the whole video 2 nights ago, great riding and great feel.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-20-2012, 9:29 AM Reply   
I can't watch any more videos like this! Makes me realize how much I suck! It was funny watched it with my 9yr daughter and almost after every trick she was like "cool, dad can you do that?" and me "nope". At the end she was like wow dad you need to practice!
Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-20-2012, 10:55 AM Reply   
Awesome video. About time there was a NC video. Pretty neat to see these rippers tearing it up in the same areas me and my friends did when we were in high schools 12 years ago.
Old     (swamp_fox)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-20-2012, 10:50 PM Reply   
NC blowin' up
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-21-2012, 5:26 PM Reply   
I like the way Stephen grabs everything (except for his bigger spins) Nice style...