Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-17-2008, 12:31 PM Reply   
I have been riding the Sac river for 6 years now and thought I knew all of teh snags... well I guess I was wrong! I was out on Friday and did about $4k damage to my boat by hitting a submerged log. The rudder is bent beyond repair, I have bent drive shaft, gelcoat and glass cracking around the strut... anyway... BEWARE...
Old     (jed_peters)      Join Date: May 2008       06-17-2008, 12:42 PM Reply   
Did you hit something around Garcia?

It's been bad around there....there was a lot of debris in the water the last couple of days.
Old    K.B.C.            06-17-2008, 12:46 PM Reply   
ouch Mark. sounds like what happened to Brian's boat, although his was about $10k. good luck with the repair
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-17-2008, 12:47 PM Reply   
I hit something stationary I think. It was north of Garcia Bend.
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-17-2008, 12:52 PM Reply   
Hey Scott... I had to look at your profile to know who you were. How is riding going this year?

Hopefully my boat will be done in two weeks. The guy said he can start right away. I have my doubts, but he said he can get it done fast.
Old    K.B.C.            06-17-2008, 12:57 PM Reply   
Pretty well, starting to turn into the typical part of summer with lots of boaters at the lake. That's just how it goes though.

Brian had his fixed at WCCC. His is good as new. Hopefully insurance is covering yours. Make sure to hit us up if you come up for the Reno stop so we can do some riding.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-17-2008, 1:45 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear the news UncleJessie!!! You are welcome on my boat anytime, we are going out at least 1 - 2 times a week as of late. Give me a ring sometime, I will have some new off axis/cwb gear to show off soon!

We have been riding between I5 and I80 as we wait for the water level to come up a bit. Where exactly did you have your misfortune?

(Message edited by attila916 on June 17, 2008)
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-17-2008, 1:57 PM Reply   
Thanks for the invite Attila.
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-17-2008, 4:23 PM Reply   
that sucks man we had a boat come into the shop for us to repair all the fiberglass and gelcoat on last week
but just looking at the aftermath of the log the guy hit was gruesome
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-17-2008, 4:25 PM Reply   
unclejessie where did you take ur boat for the repairs it should take about a week for that kind of repair from the picture that pops into my head form your first post
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-17-2008, 8:52 PM Reply   
Classic Craft in Sacramento. Apparently he does a bunch of work for Larson and West Coast Correct Craft... I have heard only good, positives things about the guy. I hope my experience goes the same way.
Old     (dnannen)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-17-2008, 9:42 PM Reply   
Same thing here Sunday afternoon hit a hidden log up by meridan took out the shaft, strut, and prop..... I feel your pain
Old     (jcurtis)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-17-2008, 9:45 PM Reply   
UncleJessie, be careful with him a few years ago, I had the same problem as you after I hit a log up by verona Joe's. Yes, I got the boat back from him quickly, but the prop he supposedly had repaired was still out of whack and he blamed me for hitting my trailer while I was launching after the repair. Three boats later, I will never take a boat to him....
Old     (dyer)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-18-2008, 10:44 AM Reply   
We're heading out south of Garcia today. Anything in particular you guys saw that we should keep an eye out for? So far this season we haven't seen much debris.
Old     (jed_peters)      Join Date: May 2008       06-18-2008, 10:54 AM Reply   
Haven't seen much in the way of debris on the east bank side of the river...the west side is a cluster**** though. For some reason everything tends to float to that side!

Have fun out there....
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-18-2008, 11:16 AM Reply   
I hit a sand bar just from being new to the area and i've been waiting on a prop shaft and Prop for close to 3 weeks now. The good thing is that i've been really busy with other things and probably wouldn't have been able to get out on the water anyway.

Attila are you getting the new Marius? i have one on order with the answers and I can't wait!
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-18-2008, 2:28 PM Reply   
Yup, should be here tomorrow!!! I am taking my boat out on Sunday dawn patrol and again on Tuesday, can hardly wait!!! When R we ridin'?
Old     (boss210)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-18-2008, 4:09 PM Reply   
The river always changes. When the water goes up the snages get pulled down river. So you never realy know at the start of the season whear they are.
You probaly hit a wing dam. With the river being this low its prity scary. I ride above the feather and ride with guys that have been going up their for over 20 yrs. Its just a mater of time until your boat gets damage from riding up that far. But with the water conditions and so many people sceard of riding up that far it makes for perfect condition just about any time. Actualy with the water lo the conditions are even better.
Sorry to hear about your boat, but fiberglass is repairable and as long as no one got hurt its all good. West Coast Fiberglass dose good work and you wont even be able to tell were the damage was.
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-19-2008, 9:28 AM Reply   
That sucks to hear man, hope everything goes smooth. See ya out there again soon.
Old     (dyer)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-19-2008, 11:05 AM Reply   
Now I know what you guys were talking about. There was a lot of debris north and south of Garcia last night. It seemed to be everywhere. It was really bad down toward Freeport.

Keep your eyes peeled if you plan on going out.