Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old    jklaus            06-27-2007, 9:05 AM Reply   
A couple of my pumps are working sporadically, sometimes filling quickly sometimes not filling at all or slowly. Thinking it may be bad impellars - what brand are the pumps and where can I get replacement impellars.

Also, there are tiny little knob/switches on the sides of the pumps - any idea what these are?

Cheers, Jeff
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-27-2007, 9:09 AM Reply   
the pumps, are rule pumps....just buy a new pump...they run abtou $20.

Unless you are talking about the valves manifold?
Old     (johnson0505)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-27-2007, 9:39 AM Reply   
You could have vapor lock happens in my Moomba every once in awhile.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-27-2007, 9:41 AM Reply   
Jeff, I assumed you checked to see if your pump were working, also assumed you knew that you have to prime those pumps to get them to work. John is right, while it's nto called "vapor lock" the pumps need to be primed. get up on plane and turn yrou pumps on ...water shoudl start flowing.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-27-2007, 9:48 AM Reply   
to add to what they said above the little black switch (black plastic) on the manifold (grey plastic) needs to be in right position. I think there are 3 settings.
1 closed off
2 open only when ballast switch is on (THIS IS THE ONE YOU WANT)
3 always open where the bags will fill automatically when you are driving even with switch off.

there might only be the last 2 positions... can't remember.
and definitely get up on plane and then turn them on. ballast will fill much quicker when on plane too...

(Message edited by tyler97217 on June 27, 2007)
Old    jklaus            06-27-2007, 12:57 PM Reply   
Thanks guys.

To clarify I'm talking about the individual fill pumps. The main pump supplying the manifold is the rule - this seems to be working okay. The ones I'm concerned with are the 3 grey ones that fill each of the 3 bags - they are on the main manifold that is fed off the main rule pump.

Had an issue with auto filling so I changed the little switches. These confuse me though - there are no preset positions, just more like a 90 degree dial range. Stopped the auto fill problem, but may be off now?

Jeff
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-27-2007, 1:17 PM Reply   
if i remember correctly they should be at a 90 degree angle to the manifold... not 100% until i get to look at it though
Old     (tmobe)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-29-2007, 5:41 PM Reply   
It's very common for these pumps to need to be primed. Like they said you can just get on plane for a moment to get them going. Its just like a fat sac pump. Air in the line makes it run slower or not at all. FYI the bags need to be burped once and a while since air will take up a little space in the bag. As far as the small black lever. If I am not mistaken. They are just like your home sprinkler anti siphon valve. Up is on and down is off. Have fun and good luck.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-30-2007, 5:27 AM Reply   
You only have one fill pump.
Then you have three solenoids on the manifold. the '3 gray ones' are your solenoids.