Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Waterskiing

Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-04-2006, 2:32 PM Reply   
Is there a site that compares the different types of . I am looking for one for my husband. Went on the HO site and thought the Triumph looked good, any thoughts? He hasn't skied much the past couple of years but before that he was quite good. 5'8" 165lbs.

Thanks
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-05-2006, 8:13 AM Reply   
What type of skiing did he do Tanya? Freeskiing, course skiing, purely recreational or competition?

Your best bet would be to order a back issue of Waterski magazine where they compare the new skis, etc... But we can help on here too, just provide some more info on the type of skiing your husband wants to do...
Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-08-2006, 3:38 PM Reply   
Hi KState, he is a recreational skier. We have a course near where we ski but he will need a bit more practice before we try it. I was also looking at the HO Monza or the HO System 8.

Thanks
Old     (lugwrench)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-09-2006, 5:02 AM Reply   
In my opinion I would say the syndicate skis are much more than he needs. Unless you are getting into short line lengths in the course consistently, those two skis could actually hinder you as they can be unforgiving if the fundamentals aren't there. If you wanted to stick with HO, I would recommend either the Triumph or the Nitro. Since you would be trying the course for the first time, it would be most likely be at slower speeds and these would perform well in the 30mph range. The Nitro is actually just a System 8 that is slightly wider and with a softer flex to make it more forgiving and handle better at slower speeds but it will still ride well at faster speeds once he gets there.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-09-2006, 2:46 PM Reply   
I agree stay away from the Monza or the system 8 if you are merely free skiing... Those 2 skis are for shortline skiers and can Bite ya! A great slow speed ski with a great price would be an 03-04-05 HO Vengeance...
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       10-09-2006, 11:23 PM Reply   
I would stay away from the Monza even if you are a course skier.....
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-10-2006, 9:41 AM Reply   
YEP! If you can't handle the speed of the Monza, you should be on a D3!
Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-11-2006, 6:00 AM Reply   
Thank you for all the advice. I didn't think the guy selling us the ski new too much about them. I will look into the Vengeance as well.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       10-11-2006, 8:19 PM Reply   
Very rarely do the guys selling the skis know what is going on. In my experience it is usually some 15 year old wakeboarder trying to push the skis off with little to no information on them.
Old     (tacosupreme)      Join Date: May 2003       10-12-2006, 7:31 AM Reply   
Last time I tried to get information from the sales guy about a slalom rope/handle he told me he had no clue and that he was a "death tuber"