Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-20-2006, 11:44 PM Reply   
SO I am out at a lake called lost creek fairly large lake in Southern Oregon. Have about 10 people on my boat. Th water is very very choppy so we decide to drive over to the other side of the lake and see what it was like over there. Half way across in the middle of the lake the sun dissapears, it gets dark the lake got so choppy I felt like we were in the middle of the ocean..waves were crashing over my boat everyone was freaking out. Lasted about 3-4 minutes and then the clouds went away the sun came out again and the lake kinda settled down. I have never seen anything like that before.
Old     (doubleup10)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-20-2006, 11:55 PM Reply   
Had a similar experience. I'm on Lake Osoyoos, in North Central Washington. Invite a few girls up to chill in the boat and watch my crew and I board. We put the boat in, and the weather wasn't perfect but wasn't horrible. Drove a short distance to a bay that is almost always flat, ready to throw down an impressive sesh for our female friends. By the time I, the first rider, had my board on and was slipping in the water, we had wind and whitecaps. We motored back north hoping to weather the storm. Soon the wind was joined by rain. Eventually, we decided the girls would be much happier if we bagged the wakeboarding and headed for someplace drier and warmer. Needless to say, it definitely deflated our "we're gonna go out be a bunch of badass mutha's" attitude. Weather can do some weird stuff.....
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-21-2006, 12:31 AM Reply   
Dan, yet another experience about a week and a half ago in Idaho. I guess they call them micro-bursts. We were surfin' and saw it coming. Got back to the dock, tied up, put the cover on and watched from the cabin. Lightning, followed by rain, then dime sized hail and wind. Downed trees and I watched the wind take the cover off our boat from the basement. The auto bilge was on for about 15 min. straight. All calm after the storm, neighbor had a shore station flip from one side of the dock upside down to the other side of the dock....?

Glad you made it through, were you going into the waves?
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-21-2006, 11:37 AM Reply   
Yeah Bryan the waves were crashing right over the fron of the boat everything was getting soaked..I even turned theboat around to go the other way the waves were comming over the side..and MB's sit fairly tall in the water. It was actually kind of a cool expereince although my sub got drenched and now is not working properly
Old     (bughunter)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-23-2006, 10:07 AM Reply   
I've been in those micro-bursts before. But we had a weird weather thing this past weekend. A clear blue Florida sky with a bad thunderstorm approaching in the distance. We always keep an eye out for these storms, because lightning is bad around here. All of a sudden, out of the clear blue sky, a huge lighning bolt goes straight down. It was very close because the thunder was almost immediate ! Sure makes you wonder...