Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (AntNoPrepNeeded)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-01-2010, 3:33 AM Reply   
Just saw this before going to class looks dope. I know there was something like this in a couple full length videos before right? What you guys think. Anyone wanna build one... Looks sketchy but fun all at the same time.

http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/out-of-the-box/
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       03-01-2010, 3:42 AM Reply   
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       03-01-2010, 3:44 AM Reply   
How do you like that? We can embed videos.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       03-01-2010, 1:40 PM Reply   
the cassette wakeskate team had the pink box back in 2003, but the box was set up perpendicular to the wake. It was basically like a funbox you'd find in skating, painted pink, and shredded to pieces by the cassette dudes. you could actually boardslide it or whatever instead of doing a bunch of weird disasters on it.
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-01-2010, 2:19 PM Reply   
ajholt7, the linked video doesn't work for me. Gives me an error when I click on yours. Might just be my computer, but the original link works.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-01-2010, 2:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocheese View Post
ajholt7, the linked video doesn't work for me. Gives me an error when I click on yours. Might just be my computer, but the original link works.
Same here. The originator of the video might not allow embedding. $.02
Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       03-01-2010, 4:21 PM Reply   
CWB made one, with Brian Hutton hittin it. Here's the vid

Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-01-2010, 4:56 PM Reply   
There's a tube on Grindwater's site that has a slider on it, but I don't think you can buy it.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-01-2010, 6:20 PM Reply   
That video of the wall was driving me nuts for a minute and a half, I hate the short shots of him about to hit it.
Watson did his Seadoo rail in Out Of The Pond as well.
Old     (AntNoPrepNeeded)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-01-2010, 7:22 PM Reply   
o man. that would be fun to slide from wake to wake. I wanna do it
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-01-2010, 9:31 PM Reply   
and the ramp on a tube that was jibbed in Box of Fun
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       03-02-2010, 8:46 AM Reply   
Green Benwood hit one several times in the truth. i also remember seein parks hit a good lookin slider on a small section i think it was the truth too, he wasn't really in the vid as he's not a liquid force rider but i remember it showin a short part with him hitting it. it was like a rainbow lookin slider on a tube. i could have the vid wrong but i remember seeing it somewhere.
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-02-2010, 8:53 AM Reply   
I love the camera man hanging onto the handle...genius idea by CWB.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       03-02-2010, 8:55 AM Reply   
In the cwb one, it would have worked better if one of the tubes were out side of the wake and one was inside so he could have hit more of it. then you just use the wrap handle to hold and shorten the line so you get back across in front of it. he built that beautiful tube slider and is one using 10 percent of it.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-02-2010, 9:28 AM Reply   
I've made one before... it was two tubes, on the tubes were like 16" square plastic creates to give it height, and between the we had 16' trex boards.... it worked alright but its novelty ran out pretty fast.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-02-2010, 10:15 AM Reply   
we made a 8 foot towable a few years back, it was stupid fun. Really We just strapped a skate fun box to a Giant tube that I have the hardest part was towing it, the box was pretty heavy and it really wanted to whip when you turned, we lost one tube rope when we flipped the box. But all in all it was a good way to kill a saturday afternoon.
Old     (AntNoPrepNeeded)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-02-2010, 12:27 PM Reply   
sounds like a party. I wanna see more people gap from the wake to rails. like lyman did in push process that was so snowboardy.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-02-2010, 12:29 PM Reply   
Sounds like you're thinking of My Side with Parks hitting one. Watson hit it too