Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-21-2010, 10:30 AM Reply   
I'm super torn on which to do. Not many people around here with winches (at all) and looking to do something completely different on the build, but I'm torn on whether I should do the winch, or put perfectpass on the boat.

Thoughts?
Old     (mfifer)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-21-2010, 11:09 AM Reply   
Build a winch for sure. It will open up a whole new perspective for your riding, I can honestly say that winching a drop is the most fun I have had wakeskating. If you install perfect pass your still stuck behind the boat, but with a winch the world is yours to create.

(Message edited by mfifer on February 21, 2010)
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-21-2010, 12:30 PM Reply   
Do the perfect pass. Love winching... love our Grinch... but perfect pass will change your life. Winching is mad fun but can be a pain sometime, and can end up being a bunch of work for just a few hits. Perfect pass will give you hours and hours of consistent returns :-)

Just my opinion...
Old     (svt600)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-21-2010, 1:59 PM Reply   
i agree with both sides.... heres my take on it.. if you live where i live do the PP... cuz theres no where to winch.. but if theres lots of spots to hit the build a winch!!!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-21-2010, 2:03 PM Reply   
Do you have a girlfriend/wife ... if so and you plan on the driving the boat ever go with PP, unless she is an oddball and can actually drive well.

It makes getting pulls from less experienced drivers easier.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-21-2010, 2:40 PM Reply   
PerfectPass aka "The Marriage Saver"
Old     (pierem)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-21-2010, 2:42 PM Reply   
haha good one nick! My girlfriend pull me a few times las season but it was such disaster, i could't even do any tricks, she was going from 15 to 30 mph.but i got to say that my old cc ski nautique 1978 is not that easy to drive!
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-21-2010, 5:30 PM Reply   
hmmmmm, interesting thoughts. I'm on base with making it easier to get pulls, but generally (I'd say 85% of the time) when we go out, I've got somebody who knows how to drive. No girlfriend or wife right now, but whoever I get together with next will have to know how to drive.

As for having/not having places to winch, I've been thinking about it, and I'm gonna have to look around some more, we've got a pond reasonably close i think i could build rails on without a problem, have to do some checking on it. Otherwise....not so sure where to hit, so I'll have to research that, and hopefully find a farm pond within 15 minutes of here.

I guess right now I'm looking a couple different ways on it. the perfectpass is obviously gonna be about 1200, Right now I can build the winch for about 400 (with borrowed parts), and if I don't like it, can dismantle it pretty easily, or sell it.

Anybody ever built an electric winch? My brother builds/races electric endurance cars and has a lot of expertise and we think it would be sick to be able to run a silent winch.....could winch somebody's back yard without tipping them off right away
Old     (cshell)      Join Date: May 2009       02-21-2010, 5:50 PM Reply   
Winch more!