Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-15-2010, 11:07 AM Reply   
I'm looking for some very stiff bindings. As a ways of comparison, I tried the LF CT Watsons last year and found them far too flexible.

I also tried on the Ronix Cells, and although stiff, they were very uncomfortable.

Anyone ridden both the Watsons and the Sovens and can tell me how much more stiff the Sovens are?

Are this years Cells the same as last years?

Any other suggestions would be great!

Thanks
Old     (lseghatch)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-15-2010, 11:48 AM Reply   
Slingshot D2's
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-15-2010, 11:51 AM Reply   
are you looking for support? injury protection?
just curious about the advantages of cast like bindings.
Old     (wake_it_up)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-15-2010, 12:06 PM Reply   
Hyperlite Merek's. Rusty designed them to be stiff like hockey skates.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-15-2010, 12:15 PM Reply   
The CWB AA's are very stiff, too.
Old     (geogilbert)      Join Date: May 2007       02-15-2010, 12:52 PM Reply   
I am surprised to hear you say the Cells were uncomfortable. They are the nicest bindings I have ever had. The 09s are even nice then the 07-08s.

I wish my snowboard boots were as comfortable.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-15-2010, 1:00 PM Reply   
You need to try on some broken in cells, then you'll fall in love.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-15-2010, 2:45 PM Reply   
D2/D3 and get the ankle harness ... I've tried most all of the "stiff" bindings mentioned (not the AA) and the D2 is stiffer and more comfortable.
Old    brycejay            02-15-2010, 4:09 PM Reply   
I just got the cells and I also thought they were uncomfortable when I first put them on. Everywhere seemed really stiff... then I had them heat molded and they are now more comfy than my shoes. After a couple sessions they will be good to go. I would definitely give them a second look.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-15-2010, 8:44 PM Reply   
Stang, I prefer the feeling of the ride. Chad Sharpe also believes that stiff bindings prevent knee damage.

Maybe I'll give the Cells another look.

I liked the D2s when I tried them on but I heard that SS bindings do not release on a hard fall. (I have a friend who jacked his knee to heck when he didn't come out of his bindings on a rough fall.)

I'm about a 9.5 foot size.

Should I go 9 or 10 on the Cells?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-15-2010, 9:07 PM Reply   
I've come out of my D2's once.

stiff bindings are always going to trash your knees... if you fall and have to bend its either going to be - knees, ankles, or both... if you have stiff boots the ankle is taken out of the and so it both, so odds are your knees are going to get rocks.... coming out of your boots won't save you... especially if only one foot comes out, then you're in a world of hurt.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-15-2010, 9:12 PM Reply   
Stang, I prefer the feeling of the ride. Chad Sharpe also believes that stiff bindings prevent knee damage.

Maybe I'll give the Cells another look.

I liked the D2s when I tried them on but I heard that SS bindings do not release on a hard fall. (I have a friend who jacked his knee to heck when he didn't come out of his bindings on a rough fall.)

I'm about a 9.5 foot size.

Should I go 9 or 10 on the Cells?
Old     (timmo)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-16-2010, 1:05 AM Reply   
Just checking:

Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas) on Monday, February 15, 2010 - 2:45 pm:

D2/D3 and get the ankle harness

What's this & where do I find one!?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-16-2010, 6:06 AM Reply   
Go with the 9. My Cells (2007) seem to run larger. I wear an 11 size shoe and I should have gotten the 10's. The 11's seemed too large and I had to retire them way before their time.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-16-2010, 7:21 AM Reply   
The 08' SS stuff came with the internal ankle harness, I think they did away with them after 08 (09+) but I'm not positive, I would be willing to bet if you got newer boots SS would have some left over at the factory they would give/sell.... they lock your ankle down so tight its mind blowing... I never really used them just because it was toooo much
Old     (timmo)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-17-2010, 3:53 AM Reply   
Thanks Nick!