Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-29-2008, 2:28 PM Reply   
Going under the knife is never easy Jeff Z. It's good to hear you're happy with how everything went. Again,
just kick-back, watch tv and heal. This will all be behind you before you know it.

It was another great day on the river Saturday. Multiple early morning sets on perfect water, a fun multi-boat
midday lunch break, and then some afternoon wakesurfing. Here's Connor riding my old 2002 141 Belmont for
the first time. For such a large board, and for being on it for the very first time he rode it pretty hard.
Upload
Upload
Upload

Sadly, Brian and The Moomba did battle with some unfriendly river debris. Best wishes go out to The Moomba
for a speedy recovery.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-29-2008, 6:01 PM Reply   
Brian, sorry to hear about the boat.

Connor looks good on that board, but man does he look angry.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-29-2008, 6:04 PM Reply   
Look at Connor rippin' it up... Atta' Boy!

Great pic's Alex.
Old     (kimbelly)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-30-2008, 5:50 PM Reply   
I've been a little busy but just wanted to write and say it was great meeting everyone at Wakefest. I also went out on Jim B's boat that Sunday and the following Wed and Thurs nights. Thank you so much Jim. And thanks to all the guys on the boat that apparently initiated me by throwing me overboard. :-)

Here's a pic of the awesome Ken...what was that you did again?

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d100/krostel/Wakeboarding/IMG_1629.jpg
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-30-2008, 9:23 PM Reply   
Man, Brian, that is a total bummer about your boat. Did the same thing happen to Woody as well? You're cordially invited back to the Creek to get your riding fix. It would be my pleasure.

I've got a little announcement on an upcoming event that we South Jersey riders need to get ready for. Ryan at San Bar Marina has announced a competition he's holding up on Lake Hopatcong on Saturday, September 20th. It's an amateur comp that is open to all age and ability levels.

But here's the interesting rub- there is going to be a "Team" competition as well, a North VS South battle for Jersey wake supremacy. Basically you are going to get to choose which team you'd like to score points for, North Jersey's team or the eventual winning team from South Jersey (hear that, Northerners!)

The fine points are still being worked out, but it is intended to be a fun day of wakeboarding competition that will eventually become an annual event. Next year it'll be held somewhere down south, since we will be the defending Team champions! (That's twice now I've call our shot!)

I'm really overdoing the Team drama here, but it's something different that will be fun to be a part of.

More to come...
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-01-2008, 2:49 AM Reply   
Jeff, knock on wood (my head) that has never happen to me, the X1 is running like a top. It did happen to Dennis about two weeks ago. He hit a 4 x 4 submerged under the water, but he just messed up the prop.

Brian, that just sucks man, but it look's like you have the old one off and I'm sure theirs a new one on it's way too you as I type.

What's everybody's plans this weekend? Who"s going out on the river and when?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-01-2008, 6:53 AM Reply   
Kim, you are very welcome.
JB that event sounds like a lot of fun.

Yesterday I took my wife, 2 daughters and 2 of their girlfriends out on the river for what was a great day. The water conditions for the first4 hours were butter.My younger daughter doesn't like to be in the water by herself, so I floated next to her and helped her with her body positioning while she tried to wakeboard for only her second ever attempt. She got up a few times but would fall with in 8 to 10 seconds. Then I would have to swim to her to relax her fear of the river.(Man that current on the river is strong)She did good for her second attempt and most importantly she had fun because I was in the water with her the whole time.My older daughter on the other hand was on her board yesterday for only her 8th time and rode like a champ. She only does single wake bunny hopes but her balance and her confidence was great.As she rode and I watched her in the mirror I couldn't wait for her to get back in the boat so I could give her a big hug. Her girlfriend rode yesterday for the second time and did good. By 4 pm the glass was gone and the water turned choppy fast so we inflated the tube and the kids had a blast being pulled up and down the river. It was another awesome week day on the water that gave me memories that will last forever.

You tube makes these videos blurry but here is 1 quick clip of my older daughter yesterday.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1JXMTjvU5C0
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-01-2008, 2:26 PM Reply   
Brian, sorry to hear about your mishap with the Moomba. Hope you get her fixed up and back on the water soon. (debris sux!)

Kim, glad to hear you've been getting out on the river riding. Keep it up! More time behind the tower is always a good thing. :-)

JB, the comp sounds like a good time.

Jim, good to hear you were hitting the river with the family.............I can picture both your daughters riding doubles in the future, very cool!

Well, we're heading to Maryland this weekend to find some independance day butter. Have a fun weekend everyone! :-)

(Message edited by njskier on July 01, 2008)
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-01-2008, 2:47 PM Reply   
Thanks guys!

I think Woody summed it up best “that just sucks”

Thankfully no one was hurt and all the damage was mechanical rather then structural. It happened on the PA side probably about half between the power plant and the large green buoy. We were slightly out of the channel in 10 to 15 feet of water.

The good new thus far is that our friend Gary was able to straighten the rudder and housing.

I put the prop in the mail yesterday (but I do have a spare 3 blade).

I hope to have everything back together and water tested on Monday.

Thanks for the offer JB, we will take you up on that.

JZ - You’re one day closer to being back on the water, get well soon!
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       07-01-2008, 3:59 PM Reply   
Items for sale

01 Hyperlite Highbacks medium bought NOS new last year. Like new $50

05 Hyperlite Murray Bindings medium never used $50

03 Hyperlite TFD 136 with .8 p wings great condition 450

01 CWB Passion 128 GC $40

e-mail gpalovcak@yahoo.com or 215-500-2563

Upload
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-01-2008, 6:59 PM Reply   
JB- that sounds sick, ill be sure to head up there and help rack up some points for the south jersey team.

Had a good day riding out here this past saturday, and we had a camera guy who snapped some crazy good photos too. here is a quick sample. Have to lower the res a bit to make them upload i think. Upload
Upload
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-01-2008, 7:03 PM Reply   
wow, those came out way too small
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-01-2008, 7:58 PM Reply   
I hate when that happens.
Old     (keenan)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-02-2008, 5:50 AM Reply   
Joe I am going to be up in cutchogue this weekend (Thurs-Sun). Are you planning on riding or do you have to work all weekend?
Old     (harlemice)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-02-2008, 9:41 AM Reply   
Yo what's up everybody?! I haven't been on this site in waaay too long. How's everyone doin? That slider at wakefest looked sick! I went down to Florida and hit up the OWC for a day and had some fun. Till the rope got wrapped around my leg and cut the s@it outa me! But it was a great time. Still haven't been behind a boat yet though and I'm f-ing jonzin! Who's got a pull for me?
Peace ya'll
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-02-2008, 11:30 AM Reply   
Cole, I have a couple days off between july 11th and 17th, not sure which ones yet but if you want to come down during the week and ride I could give you a day of pulls. Let me know and I'll give you a couple days notice on which day I'm going out.
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-02-2008, 3:32 PM Reply   
not sure what exactly my plans are yet, but ill let you know. work is always kind of inconsistent so it could be no work or it could be all day all weekend
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-02-2008, 7:49 PM Reply   
hey i finally got internet at my pad about freakin time! well i wanted to post up some pics of SAT out with JB

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-02-2008, 7:53 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (wakespider)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-03-2008, 3:46 AM Reply   
Hey NJ Riders, it's almost time for Brostock and I'm counting the hours. Dave, I know you're going, but anyone else?

If so, please let me or Kevin know. We're staying at the Westlake inn http://www.westlake-waterfront-inn.com/

It was one hell of a party last year!
More info: http://www.wakenskate.com/index.php/Newsflash/Liquid-Force-BroStock-Smith-Mountain-Lake-Virginia.html

Upload
Upload
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-03-2008, 10:30 AM Reply   
Check it out, Dennis made the front page of the TIMES.http://www.nj.com/times/pdf/thursday.pdf
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-03-2008, 10:55 AM Reply   
That's pretty cool. It's always good to see our beloved sport of water-boarding getting positive press.

Yes, we've got a BIG holiday weekend on tap, with wakeboarding on the river, swimming and surfing at the beach,
and parties both Friday and Saturday night. Oh yeah! Bring-on the Indenpendence Day celebration!
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-03-2008, 2:46 PM Reply   
ahhhhh thats sick dennis, i always knew you ripped on a water-board. too bad I wont be around this weekend to come frolic down on the river.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-03-2008, 7:00 PM Reply   
And all this time I thought I was a wake boarder, turns out I'm a water boarder.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       07-03-2008, 7:14 PM Reply   
Hey Jim didn't we just see you out on the river?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-04-2008, 5:21 AM Reply   
George, yes I was water boarding.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-05-2008, 6:40 AM Reply   
We had a big day of water-boarding yesterday too. The line-up was me, Doreen, Connor, Kevin, Karen, Brian,
Annette, Anthony, Justin, Michele, JB, SA Sean, Cole and Kell, all packed onto The Super Air and JB's Malibu.
The condtions stayed good until the afternoon. The cloudy skies and threat of rain must have kept most
of the recreational boaters elsewhere. Highlights of the day? Anthony doing his longest sets ever AND
doing ollies, Cole riding while wearing SA Sean's helmet-mounted video camera, and a borrowed pair
of board shorts. A fat sack pump was sacriiced to the river Gods, but we're not really going to talk about that.
Old     (lake_hopatcong_marine)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-05-2008, 2:13 PM Reply   
Hello Fellow New Jersey Wakeboarders

Alex tipped me off to this discussion board a couple months back and ever since then I have been checking in every now and then but recently I decided it was time to start posting since I found myself being the official stalker of the new jersey riders discussion board! I think I met a lot of you at Wakefest the last two years. I spend the majority of my time riding up here on good old Lake Hopatcong but hopefully JB will invite me down to ride at the Wake Academy again soon!! Anywho I won't ramble on to much but I look forward to sharing posts with other diehard new jersey wakeboarders!!

Jersey Rocks!!
Old     (qball)      Join Date: May 2007       07-05-2008, 10:14 PM Reply   
Whats up Ryan. Welcome aboard! Theres a couple of pics of you on the Wakfest slider a few posts up.

Some pics from our 'water-boarding' yesterday on Alex & Doreen's boat - thanks again to everyone for an awesome time!

Jeff B showing how its done:
Upload

Cole being thrown off by the helmet cam!
Upload

Time for some lunch:
Upload

The 'Bu looking pretty in the water:
Upload

(Message edited by q-ball on July 05, 2008)
Old     (qball)      Join Date: May 2007       07-05-2008, 10:17 PM Reply   
Anette about to launch:
Upload

Alex coming in for a landing:
Upload

Anthony on his super-long set:
Upload

And ending up with the Sprinkler!
Upload
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-06-2008, 6:55 PM Reply   
wow looks like i missed a good weekend of riding! nice to see everyone had a good 4th as well!

so anyone hittin the water this Thur. fri. or sat.?
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-06-2008, 7:11 PM Reply   
There is a kid who comes to us for lessons a few times a week, and i was talking to him today and he mentioned how he is all excited to go to this tournament in August. Turns out he is driving all the way from the hamptons down to the Jersey shore for the SOS tourney, pretty cool to see how word is spreading about this stuff
Old     (harlemice)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-07-2008, 9:48 AM Reply   
Yo so the 4th was awesome for me. Had a great time chillin with everyone out on the water with great conditions. Sean I'm sure there's a better pic of me somewhere in there, but you just had to show the helmet cam didn't you. Nice to meet new people and finally get to watch JB ride up close, NICE! Can't wait for the next meeting, seriously hangin with everyone and getting out of the city is what keeps me sane! Oh and Jim let me know when those days are that you're off and I'll try and come down. Peace ya'll.
Old     (kimbelly)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-07-2008, 7:24 PM Reply   
How was everyone's 4th? Looks like everyone got some good time on the water in between all the rain. Anyone going out anytime soon?
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-08-2008, 8:35 PM Reply   
Yes, as you can see from the pictures, July 4 on the river was a great time. You should have been there with
us Kimbelly! And as Cole suggested, I'm sure there are better pictures of him. It was Cole's first time behind
a boat in 2008 and he was charging it hard. I'd like to think there were better pictures of me too. Oh man.
I hate the faces I make when I ride!

Alright! It's Ryan San Bar checking in! Welcome Ryan. It's good to see you're finally posting here on the
Wake World New Jersey thread. How's Wakefest's slider doing? Have you and your crew been hitting it?

So far this weekend's weather is looking good and the tides are favorable. See everyone on the river!
Old     (keenan)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-09-2008, 12:02 PM Reply   
I will be out on Saturday. Alex, what time are you guys planning on launching?
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-09-2008, 3:05 PM Reply   
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone has any info about the SOS tournament coming up on August 2nd. What is the level of riding like in each division. Like what would a winning run be in beginner, Intermediate, advanced, etc.... Is there anything else down there besides the tournament? A few kids we coach out here are going and want more info, and I am kind of curious too. Thanks
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-09-2008, 5:55 PM Reply   
Yea the 4th was a great weekend.

I have an email coming out about the SOS event in about 24hours. Be on the lookout for it.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-09-2008, 8:12 PM Reply   
Hey John: We'll be launching early, riding hard all morning and then rafting-up for lunch around noon like last
time. You're going to be part of the midday party again right? See you out there brother. Did you guys
say you're in the market for 2008 Wakefest shirts?

Joe F: The SOS contest is only a stone's throw away from the Seaside Heights (sleezeside heights) boardwalk!
http://www.seasideheights.net/boardwalk.htm
Last year after the event we went to The Saw Mill for giant pizzas and pitchers of beer, and that got us
ready for the go-kart track and some stomach churning rides. We had a great time! Ask your buddy Robb
about The Saw Mill. I was once down in Florida talking to Matt Staker, and Matt said that Robb was trying to
get him to coome up to Jersey to do a video premiere (or something like that) at The Saw Mill.
http://www.sawmillcafe.com/home.html
I've also heard some talk about an after party on the beach at The Surf Club, but that's unconfimed.
http://www.surfclubnj.com/
I'm pretty sure KG's wakeboardnj.com email blast will fill-in the details.

Jim B: See you at Saturday's raft-up. I'll have your goodie bag.

How's the prop, rudder and new sound system coming along Eustace?
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-09-2008, 8:26 PM Reply   
Fourth was a good weekend as well. Upload
A little different but good none the less.
And Check out the river i would have to go wakeboarding on if I could find a boat. Upload

(Message edited by scilost on July 09, 2008)
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-10-2008, 5:48 AM Reply   
Ok...I see a picture of a rock and a picture of a tree, both in arid areas. Then the caption says
"Check-out the river..." Did Doug fail to post another picture, or is the joke that on July 4 in Australia Doug
was at some dry lake bed type desert? Even from the other side of the globe, Doug still manages to puzzle
his friends back home.
Old     (keenan)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-10-2008, 7:06 AM Reply   
Alex my plan is to meet up at the mid-day raft up. If you can bring out some wakefest gear let me know. I think that I am going to have room in my boat if anyone else is looking to go out Saturday.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-10-2008, 7:07 AM Reply   
Our boat is back together and ready to go for Saturday!

The rudder assembly was able to be repaired by a friend of ours, while having the rudder out I was able to properly grease the assembly so the boats steering is extremely smooth now.

My prop is down at Tuckerton Propeller for refurbishing.

And lastly I put the finishing touches on the tower speaker install last night, they sound great! And I nearly blew out the windows in my neighbor's house Ha ha ha…

Good to have you on the thread Ryan! The Wakefest slider was awesome,,, nice work!

Hope to see you all on Saturday.
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-10-2008, 2:07 PM Reply   
Alex you got it, the picture with the tree is the Todd river in Alice Springs. You can see the dry river bed on the right of the tree. Anyway you are not considered a local until you have seen it flow three times. Typically that takes twenty years.
Old     (qball)      Join Date: May 2007       07-10-2008, 7:55 PM Reply   
Hey Alex, check out your air on this one:

Upload

Cole, here's a couple of better pics:

Upload

Whats that on your head?!
Upload

Oh, and the fruits of your labor is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfQRXAoJS5s

:-)
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-11-2008, 10:47 AM Reply   
Look at Alex with the HUGE AIR. I guess this is why he owns a Super Air!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-11-2008, 1:17 PM Reply   
Yeah! I think I came down from that one into that little I-295 scenic overlook parking area! And I have the
Jim B. left hand mechanical bull riding thing going! Weeeee doggies! Actually, I keep my hand there just in
case I do a spontaneously raley I can turn it into a hoochie glide. Or would it be an OHH? Hmmm.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-12-2008, 5:40 PM Reply   
Much love NJ...Checkin' in from the lovely Wilmington NC, wooo doggie...
Alex that would def. be an OHH...
How are those knees now? Damn!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-13-2008, 6:37 AM Reply   
Zuko how's the healing process coming?
Old     (wakespider)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-13-2008, 6:47 AM Reply   
Shameless self-promotion alert!
My website is up and running: chrissalvatore.com
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-13-2008, 8:42 AM Reply   
Jim,
I'm doing alright.
Range of motion is growing each day.
Sling for another 4 wks. Then rehab for 3 months 3X a week.
I'll be back
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-13-2008, 10:30 AM Reply   
JZ, good to hear. Hang in there, get that arm good and strong for your future sessions!

Glad to hear you made it down to NC. Hope your having a good time.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-13-2008, 12:55 PM Reply   
Yesterday was another great day on the river. We launched at 8:30 and had complete glass for our first 2 sets. A little bit of chop for our next set then heavy chop for my 4th set. Considering that I rode all day Friday in awesome water conditions I got my fill of pulls in a 18 hour period. Then we joined the raft up for some good food and company. It was good to see everyone again and to meet John Keenan, his wife whos name I forgot already and his friend whos name I also forgot. I just finished washing my truck and the river scum line off my boat.

Yesterday Kim was inducted into the big league face plant club, hope she isn't to sore today.

Chris Salvatore, nice site and good luck with the book.

Here is one of my backroll attempts from Friday.
http://www.wakepics.com/video/22420/jim-b-backroll-attempt-on-7-11-08
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-13-2008, 1:36 PM Reply   
Thanks David, hangin' out w/ the folks. Just got back from the beach, damn that sun is hot out there today!
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-13-2008, 7:33 PM Reply   
Man, what an epic weekend of riding!
Since Friday I put 13 hours on the 'Bu both doing lessons riding for fun. For those of come out and joined us on the Creek, today we had ABSOLUTE perfect riding. Well, there was the one jackass tubing this way and that, but it was only for a few minutes. We had 10 people (5 riders, 5 ballast) and the wake was banging! Johan was charging and is in midseason form. I gotta have someone get some snaps of him riding as he's always taking shots himself.

Soulds like we all had some great riding this weekend. Damn Sean, you sure caught Alex at the highest point of his boosting! Is it me, or does it seem like we've taken a step forward collectively this year?!?! More people, more riding, more get togethers, more fun!
Alex, I will certainly get up soon for a Saturday with the crew. It's hard to leave the near-perfect spot on the Creek, but I'll get up there soon.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-14-2008, 9:02 AM Reply   
Hey all,
Weekend was good! Micah was in town with his girlfriend Carrie. Weather was hot and sunny, just the way I like it! Got some good riding in on Sat, good conditions for Avalon, semi glassy but got out late so runs were short and we had 6 ppl. Doug's dad did hangout with us on Sat to drink some beers and shoot some Hi-def video of the session, which was very cool. Sun we did early morning but were low on fuel. So we broke for lunch and headed out in the evening for some Wakesurfing which was awesome!

Looks like we missed a large raft-up on Sat. Oh well plenty more to come! Glad to see everyone had a good time. Perhaps this Sat Karen and I can make an appearance on the river!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-14-2008, 10:02 AM Reply   
Oh yea, I took a LARGE roller over my bow this weekend. We were wakesurfing on Sunday and the rider went down in a bad section of the shoe. I turned around quickly and got caught in a cross-wake from an Oceanliner pulling a tube and realized there was simply nothing I could to at that point. I literally drove the boat into a 3ft roller. I felt a little like Sig Hanson on the Deadliest Catch. It was a wall of water that washed over the windshield and slapped everyone in the face! I was soaked from head to toe. I had water behind my sunglasses and my eyes were wet. The entire floor under the dash was wet and had pooling water, it was crazy! A good portion of this elusive wake actually hit Micah...who was doing rope-control from the rear sundeck on the drivers side! There was a tried and true "WTF" when Micah got hit with the water.. We floated for a few minutes and marveled at the water in the boat, and laughed for a few minutes waiting till the water in the boat drained into the bilge, then started riding again. Good Times
Old     (elo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-14-2008, 4:06 PM Reply   
on my way to work sunday i got stuck behind what looked to be a lost xstar in florence haha. was that you dave? i know your a proud owner.

-elias
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-14-2008, 4:25 PM Reply   
Hey Elias where have you been hiding? And where is you slider you where gonna build?

Well with the temps hitting the low 90's the rest of the week I think I'm gonna tear up the river a few times.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-14-2008, 5:15 PM Reply   
Elias, that wasn't me on sunday, we were out saturday. There is another black/white X-star (2006) that launches out of Florence. Do you still have your Tri-star?

Like Jim said, where have you been?
(BTW, I ollied your pink buoy in front of your house, hope you don't mind) :-)
Old     (elo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-14-2008, 6:12 PM Reply   
we have a little slider, it doesnt float, so you have to get it prepared at low tide so its shreddable at high tide. the tristar is runnin strong enough to do its job and the buoy is geralds, but we ollie it to so its all good
Old     (elo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-15-2008, 2:51 PM Reply   
today i ran down to island surf and sail to pick up a new vest and handle, now im going to use said vest and handle. the winds blowing from the north so the dump will bless florence with nice flat water

[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f257/findingelo/IMG_3405.jpg[/IMG]
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-16-2008, 6:55 AM Reply   
Yesterday I took my my older daughter,2 of her friends,my wife and her girlfriend out on the river for some mid week epic conditions. The water doesn't get any flatter than it was yesterday. My daughter has been mostly afraid to go out toe side so she has been going out heelside hard and popping in toeside. Today we worked on her going out toe side and jumping in heel side. I have to say for her first day of trying heel side jumps, she fricking rocked it. Here is 1 of many videos we took today.

http://www.wakepics.com/video/22422/brittany-s-nice-toe-and-heel-side-jumps-7-15-08
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-16-2008, 6:43 PM Reply   
Nice video Jim! She's coming along:-)

JB, saw your pic in the Standard quarterly... Cost me a $10 though... Great mag!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-17-2008, 1:00 PM Reply   
hey zuka, did you change you cell #? I called it and text you and some girl answered and it wasn't your better half. anyways, shoot me an email, i have to ask you something (in ref. to 'the book') hope the shoulder and all are healing up well and you are recouping quickly.

jim, you are a wakeboarding fool! you might actually get an award this year for the most days out riding.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-17-2008, 5:21 PM Reply   
Zuko, thanks
Justin,you are right. I have been out on the river 5 of the last 7 days. The last 3 have been epic conditions with complete glass and no wind. Tomorrow I'm heading back to work for the next 4 nights, which will give me a much needed rest. My hands are sore as heck and my whole body is tired.
Now everybody sit down because I'm gonna tell you something you wont believe but I have witnesses. First I was pulling Johann today at 23mph with my bow sitting high out of water as it usually does while pulling someone. Then out of no where a 3 foot long,yes 3 foot long pike or muskie or what ever that fish was with teeth jumped straight up over the bow and hit the windshield and then back into the water. That was the craziest thing I have ever seen.
Then as I was leaving and driving under the train bridge and up that hill a mini twister came off the water headed across the parking lot and up the hill behind me. It was like a giant dust ball full of sticks,leafs and small stones. Then the small twisted headed thru the street next to Farnsworth. It was wild.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       07-17-2008, 5:43 PM Reply   
Crazy time on the river Jim!! I see them jumping but never that high. We are heading out Saturday and will be on the look up for Jumping fish!!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-17-2008, 6:45 PM Reply   
Crazy fish story Jim. We too have noticed that the jumping fish have gotten larger and more frequent this
year. Kevin had to practically ollie over one a couple of weeks ago in front of the power plant.

Doreen and I have a lot to do this weekend (including me working all day Saturday) and we won't be on
the river at all. But we're looking forward to a big Saturday on the water next weekend! Maybe even the year's
first end-of-day boat ramp barbecue and cigar roast.

Well, it's taken me over a month to get around to it, but I've finally created a Wakefest picture slide
show at www.njwakefest.com
Just click on the 2008 Photos tab, click on the little thing and the pictures will scroll.
If anyone has any Wakefest pictures that you want me to get on there, email them to me.

Funny Sig Hanson reference Kevin!
Upload
http://www.fvnorthwestern.com/
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-17-2008, 7:17 PM Reply   
I found this pic on that web site.

Upload
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-18-2008, 7:39 AM Reply   
Jim B, good stuff!
Justin thanks for the reminder!
BTW, did the chick sound hot? (sorry Michele)
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-18-2008, 9:17 AM Reply   
Jim, what's with you and those fish???? You never should have pulled that carp on your boat… I thinking there is a whole pet cemetery thing going on.

That’s a great pic! Kevin is even sporting the blue gloves!

We will be out tomorrow with a boat full, hope to see everyone then.

PS – Alex, the slide show on NJ Wakefest is great.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-18-2008, 9:42 AM Reply   
Jim, you are SO close to getting that backroll down. I am impressed. I'm not even man enough to try one so congrats!! I think if you get some advice from JB or Kevin (or anyone else that pulls them) and focus on what you're doing wrong than you will have it nailed by end of summer! keep it up!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-18-2008, 10:35 AM Reply   
Thanks Justin.

Eustace I think you may be right. They are after me now. I still cann't believe it happened it was nuts.

Zuko, LMAO!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-18-2008, 11:00 AM Reply   
HAHAHAHA. I was rolling off the couch last night when I saw this! Well done Jim.
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-19-2008, 10:03 AM Reply   
jims it was a 4ft. fish not 3!! and it was insane i didnt wanna crash in the water with that thing!
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-22-2008, 4:25 PM Reply   
What is the deal with the NJ safety course? I'm bringing my boat up from Florida, and I'm registered in Florida do I still need it? Also if I'm riding the Deleware half is Pa and half is NJ so how does that work?
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-22-2008, 4:52 PM Reply   
After not getting-out on the water at all this past weekend, we're really looking forward to getting out
this weekend! As usual, we're going to be heading-out early Saturday morning to get as much of that
early morning butter as we can get. And it will be my last shot at practicing my competition run before the
Surf & Offshore event! Ha-ha! You know, it's late July and I really don't feel like I've picked-up
any new skills this year. But I guess it's kind of hard to pick-up new skills when I can only get-out on the
water once a week at best. Perphaps each week I need to focus more on new tricks first, instead that first Corona!
Old     (wakespider)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-22-2008, 4:53 PM Reply   
Hey Duffy,

I got my certification through the Power Squadron: http://www.usps.org/
Old     (wakespider)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-22-2008, 5:00 PM Reply   
Once again, BROstock was a blast. Thanks again to Dave for rescuing us when we ran out of gas in the middle of his pull and for letting us try that freaky air chair! Here's a picture of Dave before we went empty, one of Kevin and a grab, and... I couldn't resist... one of me shortly after I got hit in the face with a Byerly wakeskate at 30 MPH. OUCH! Hope to see more of you there next year :-) Upload
Upload
image/x-bmpUpload
ouch.bmp (106.8 k)
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-23-2008, 8:22 AM Reply   
Saturday is a go for us also! We hope to do a little sunset relaxation on Bordentown Beach after the boats are loaded.

Duffy, your cert from Florida should be fine. If you are gong to register the boat and reside in PA the test is about $30, online and fairly simple.

When do you plan on having the boat up here?

http://www.boat-ed.com/pa/

http://www.fish.state.pa.us/mpag1.htm