Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old    smellyt            06-10-2003, 9:03 AM Reply   
I just got a piercing on saturday, probably not the smartest thing I have ever done, and they told me not to go in the delta for two months. I know that isn't possible, but does anyone have any suggestions on what i can do to cover it up or keep it safe from infection?
Old    mikebailey            06-10-2003, 9:08 AM Reply   
I think that all depends on WHAT you have had spiked !

Old    smellyt            06-10-2003, 9:13 AM Reply   
it is my ear, I got an industrial piercing.
Old    hayduke            06-10-2003, 9:22 AM Reply   
Give it a week to heal, after that, clean it with hydrogen peroxide or iodine on cotton after your set. You should be fine. If it becomes red and tender, you need to stop riding for a while. I don't know what an "industrial" ear piercing is, but it would probably be a good idea to clean it after riding the delta indefinitely.
Old    smellyt            06-10-2003, 9:43 AM Reply   
An industrial is a bar across your upper ear. And after a few months I won't need to clean it when I get out of the Delta because the wholes will be healed by then.
Old    xtremrider            06-10-2003, 12:28 PM Reply   
I got one in a much more pracarios place and rade that weekend, just remember everytime you get out of the water either soak it in salt water or, Hydrogen peroxide, and if yu have any castile soap, i broke every rule they gave me with my peircing but used all the soaps and stuf and it didnt get infected.
Old    smellyt            06-12-2003, 9:24 AM Reply   
Thanks. I was going to tape a shoqer cape to my head so that it didn't touch any of the delta water, but your way is better
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-12-2003, 11:20 AM Reply   
cover the piercing with neosporin before you get in. It will keep the water from touching the hole, and it will also fight any infectious creapies trying to get in. And also, SPELLCHECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-12-2003, 12:57 PM Reply   
Bactine!!! I'd stay away from something like neosporin.

Also use Dial soap and make sure you move the piercing around a bit to work the soap in.
Old    smellyt            06-12-2003, 1:09 PM Reply   
I ment shower cap, anyways. Thanks for the info. I'll probably use neosoirn since I don't know what bactine is.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-12-2003, 2:25 PM Reply   
I have no idea why he says to stay away from neosporin. It is an antibiotic ointment. It is petroleum based and will repel the water before it gets to the hole in your ear. It was suggested to me by a doctor when I had some good leg cuts. I used it, went wakeboarding every day and am totally fine. It also helps the wound heal much faster
Old    xtremrider            06-12-2003, 2:35 PM Reply   
the only reason i say stay away form neosporin is because it tires to heal it to fast and actually starts to heal to the metal and it hurts like a bitch to pull it away from skin.
Old    xtremrider            06-12-2003, 2:36 PM Reply   
the only reason i say stay away form neosporin is because it tires to heal it to fast and actually starts to heal to the metal and it hurts like a bitch to pull it away from skin. And that was recomended to me by the person that stuck the whole in me.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-12-2003, 7:58 PM Reply   
Dude, you really need to get a hooked on phonics tape.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-12-2003, 8:04 PM Reply   
If the piercing is on the upper ear, it takes londer to hear because in the upper ear you do not have enough blood flow.

Also, if you get an infection you run the risk of losing your whole upper ear because of the flow. Infections are very hard to fight by your body in the upper ear.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-12-2003, 8:05 PM Reply   
http://www.nbc5.com/health/1740371/detail.html

Here is an article