Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (jjcsusm)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-29-2007, 3:15 PM Reply   
I'm a student from Cal State San Marcos in San Diego, CA and I am doing a senior project that needs to be completed in order to graduate. My project is on the boat market. I was wondering if you experienced wakeboarders would be willing to answer a couple questions regarding accessories. It would be much appreciated. Thank you!

The questions are:
1. How important is lighting to wakeboarding?
2. Which brands do you prefer or which ones are considered the best?
3. When you buy lighting from a distributor do you also buy towers from them?
4. With even the best lighting, what are the problems that you face?
5. What improvements would you recommend?
6. Where do you purchase your products?
7. If there was the perfect tower lighting, what would it consist of?
8. What type of lighting have you purchased?
9. Do you remember what you paid for it?
10. What other action sports are you involved in that require the use of lighting products?
11. What is your age? and gender?
Old     (sacb52)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-29-2007, 5:35 PM Reply   
Our tower has lights on it that we have never used them and have never needed to. We personally don't really know any fellow wakeboarders that ever talk about tower lighting and needing it for wakeboarding. I have seen someone use a hand held light when we were coming in late and it was dark so that they could see the trailor while trying to put the boat on it.
Old     (forumriders)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-01-2007, 10:13 PM Reply   
nightboarding rules! the brighter the better. you can get halogen or even LED lights work, off road lights from a auto parts store work good if your cheap. hook up at least four lights two forward and two back on the tower, and have a handheld for when a rider goes down.... make sure your driver knows the lake or waterway like their own hand! seriously, or don't even bother boarding the boat. have fun!
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-02-2007, 6:51 AM Reply   
lighting isn't that important. Of 10 wakeboard boats on this lake only one has lights. I didn't buy lights from my tower manufacture. The biggest "problem" with lights is the cost. I bought them on line. I think eight lights is where it is at. 2 forward 4 backward and 2 under the swimout.