Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 17, 2004

Old    xtigeman            01-08-2004, 1:13 PM Reply   
My Porsche dealer has already told me I could have thier allocation GT at MSRP. I obviously had to pass, but it was offered to me. My guess is, they may even trade thiers off to a different city for a bunch of C2 coupes or Boxters. Memphis is not a great market for high ticket items. I have heard two other people say they are paying MSRP, but they have yet to hear exactly what MSRP is. It will be between $ 470 and 500k probably.

F-40 was a million at one time. But you have to remember that was during the time period when all car prices went nuts. 959 were going for 1.5 million, 250 GTOs for 1 mil, old cars went nuts. The market is 3 to 4 times lower than what it was in the late 80s and early 90s. People were buying them as investments and selling them to Asia and etc. when Asia was rocking. That ended long ago. F40s are not moving at $ 300k and I have seen US spec'd (less than 95) 959s going for $ 250k range. The Jaq XJ220 is now around $ 200k and etc.

Don't know about the Enzo or Ferrari. Not sure dealer's can double prices and etc. Maybe they can. I just have not heard, read or seen anything about people paying that much for them.

I can see someone buying one for MSRP and sticking it on ebay for 1 million or whatever. I thought about doing that with the GT, but I don't have that kind of money to wrap up in a car.
Old    xtigeman            01-08-2004, 1:39 PM Reply   
BTW, you have to realize, we are in two totally different markets.

360s at one time were going over MSRP, but in Memphis, I saw a pretty red cab just sit on the floor for 2 months and then they shipped it to there Atlanta Bentley dealer. They had a GT2 Club Sport eddition (less than 50). They traded it for three or four Boxters after it sat for a month or so. 996 Turbo cabs, I could have had the first one delivered to Memphis for 5k off MSRP when their out of state buyers who reserved spots on thier list all backed out. They called me and I went and red lined it on the highway and said, I like my old Ruf cab better.
Old     (the_madness)      Join Date: May 2003       01-08-2004, 1:48 PM Reply   
Grant - You Hi-Jacked your own thread. How is the tower box coming? Do you have the light setup done yet?
Old    whitechocolate            01-08-2004, 2:45 PM Reply   
Doug: I called the Ferreri Dealer,
ME: Hi" Do you have and Enzo's In Stock
Dealer: No" we have sold 2. We just sold one, We got it in and we had a list of people that wanted it and we called all of them and it sold in 20 Min of getting here. 1.4 Million Dollars
ME: Really
Dealer: Do you want me to call you the next time one comes in I have a Yellow one comming in Next week!

So the Dealer did call they got the yellow one in it was selling for 50K more than he told me, 2 Days later it was Sold, I still havent seen one in person. Mabey this weekend! The the San Jose Car show
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-08-2004, 3:33 PM Reply   
I'm picking up mine for 1.1 OTD. I'll post next week!! You may not see the car as a result of the "smoke" after lighting up the tires... Cannot Wait>>>>>
Old    xtigeman            01-08-2004, 7:00 PM Reply   
Dude, I totally believe you. I am just saying here it would be different than where you are. I am also saying I would not spend 1.4 millision if I could get the Buatti for 1.4 million, but that is all funny money to me so who cares.
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-08-2004, 7:24 PM Reply   
lol... no kidding! JK, obviously..
Old     (02byerly132)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-10-2004, 10:09 AM Reply   
Grant.. how is that so.. I heard that you had to be a qualified ferrari buyer to purchase one..
Old     (02byerly132)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-10-2004, 10:10 AM Reply   
One more thing on the qualified part.. I think it means you have to own more than one ferrari already.. but I could be wrong
Old    xtigeman            01-10-2004, 10:18 AM Reply   
Urban legend type of thing. I have heard people say the same for the Carrera GT and the same was said about the 959. The 959 lore kind of started this all. But if you think about it, who is the Ferrari dealer going to call first when they hear about such an animal. This will be probably their clients like Tommy Hilfiger and etc. that have purchased Ferraris from the in the past. So it could effectively work out that prior Ferrari owners ended with the first shots at the Enzo even before individuals knew about the car or where aware that dealers where taking deposits and etc. on them.
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-10-2004, 1:54 PM Reply   
Hey Grant, don't let your tower box end up like this!
http://pub186.ezboard.com/fprotouringgmachinesfrm10.showMessage?topicID=3124 .topic
Old    whitechocolate            02-10-2004, 6:46 PM Reply   
Ha Ha I saw thoes photo's I was thinking of the same thing, that looks like a big
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-10-2004, 7:24 PM Reply   
Nothing money can't fix..... reportably $420k!
Apparently they have a carbon fibre subframe, if you crash its major $$$ to repair.
Old    dfish            02-10-2004, 8:03 PM Reply   
And I didn't think anyone ever drove a $2,000,000 car. Talk about a bad day.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       02-10-2004, 10:01 PM Reply   
least the engines in the back