Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (stillentt)      Join Date: May 2007       05-27-2009, 2:14 PM Reply   
I believe last year there was a 'Southern Plains Festival' with a wakeboard tournament/competition in Oklahoma but I can't seem to find anything about it for this year?

I also heard someone at the marina this wknd mention an event in like 2 weeks but they didn't know much of anything about it...

just curious, any info appreciated.
Old     (okcwakebrdr)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-27-2009, 2:35 PM Reply   
Its a fun tournament. It takes all day. They dont cap off the feild. Thats the only downside. They have all divisions. But good party seen. Friday and sat are allways good times down there. First weekend in August every year. you should come down and check it out. Even if you dont compete, you will have a blast! There is some really good riders that make it to that tourny!
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-27-2009, 2:36 PM Reply   
www.southernplainsfestival.com
Old     (stillentt)      Join Date: May 2007       05-27-2009, 3:13 PM Reply   
Doug - I checked out the URL but it still had '2008' details up...

I was in Eufaula for the weekend and had a blast, we found some amazing water, and relatively no traffic. I will definitely be back for the festival.
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-27-2009, 9:28 PM Reply   
I will give you my number. we have a place down there east of Belle Starr marina. I was pretty busy Fri and Sat morning, but after the Saturday storm everybody cleared out. I am not for sure but I think the format may have changed for SPF this year. It looks like from the Oklahoma INT website that they have a contest in the same place on the same dates. I sure hope not. nothing against the INT but SPF was all about wakeboarding and Sammy and his crew put on one of the better events I have been to. Bring your tent or book one of the cabins on the lake or a hotel, it will definately be worth your while no matter. The blue building by the boat ramp at Eufaula cove is Thomas Marine lakeside... so be sure to check that out.
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-27-2009, 9:29 PM Reply   
I forgot to add, it is always held the first weekend of August. The first Pro Stop is in Ft Worth this weekend at thge TXMC lake in Ft Worth...I'll be the old man in the funny shorts and bermuda shirt....lol
Old     (stillentt)      Join Date: May 2007       05-28-2009, 11:20 AM Reply   
I'm headed down to TXMC for the finals on Sunday fo sho!