Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old    cajun            05-01-2004, 11:51 PM Reply   
Well I just ordered up my first board. 03 LF DLX41. I got it for $149 which I thought was a pretty good price. I originally was going to go cheap and get a hydroslide but then decided after reading the forums here that they were junk. I was under the impression that they didn't have much for a rocker but after reading the specs some of them are 7cm which is a little more than the LF I just ordered. It also comes with 6 fins and the LF only 4. Did I make a wise decision here? I could have got a brand new hydroslide with bindings for $140. What is the difference? I had always just assumed they were junk because Walmart carries them.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-01-2004, 11:58 PM Reply   
Yes you made a great decision. More rocker and more fins don't allways make a better board. The DLX is a very well designed board. I'm not one to bash companies, but a hydroslide isn't up to the standard of a LF (or most board companies) there more the low price stuff. You made a great decision and bought a great board.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-02-2004, 5:07 AM Reply   
Careful Kristian. Hydroslide makes a lot of boards for other companies. You may be riding on a Hydroslide-made board with a big-name on it. Hydroslide boards are designed by some of the "big names" and work well. Finally, Hydroslide cannot be found at Wal-Mart.
Old    upupnaway            05-02-2004, 5:57 AM Reply   
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?cat=56723&dept=4125&product_id=2129028 &path=0%3A4125%3A56723%3A111667%3A111548
They are at wal mart.
The LF you bought does not sound that much more expensive, and it is most likely backed up by a pretty good warranty.
I would doubt that you would be able to get Wal Mart to front you a loaner board or bindings while they sent the original one back for a warranty repair.

I know I pay a little more for items with the name Hyperlite on them, but it pays in the long run. I just walked into my dealer yesterday, showed them the problem I was having with my carbon zero g handle, and walked out with a brand new parks.
I would imagine LF backs up their products just as well.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-02-2004, 7:55 AM Reply   
Karl, I know. (though my origin isnt) But I'm comparing to the board he's talking about, I've seen it, ridden it and found it very low quality(but thats only my opinion, and I'm not wrapped up in names and stuff, I gave it a fair chance). Ok if you're just messin around with the family and what not. For the money its good, but if you're really getting into wakeboarding, you're gonna move up to another more high performance board.

And right now, pretty much everyone knows Hydroslide, wouldn't that make it a big name? (You know for value wakesports, sort of thing)

(Message edited by kristian on May 02, 2004)
Old    cajun            05-02-2004, 11:34 AM Reply   
Thanks for the replies. That makes me feel better. Can't wait to get it!
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-02-2004, 12:01 PM Reply   
Mike - please note that that is a 5-year old board and it out of stock. Wal-Mart cannot sell Hydroslide. They tried.

Kristian. I am not knocking the LF or Origin equipment. It is great stuff. In all honesty, for Hydroslide, the bindings are low-end, but servicible. The boards are decent, but not exceptional. For the family or person wanting to try it out with a current year board, is works well.

Hydroslide does not try to compete with the big names. Hydroslide is not known for wakeboards, but for kneeboards. It does, however, make more wakeboards than many other manufacturers, but not with their name on it. For themselves as Hydroslide, they supply the low budget end with gear worth the price. I have tried to break them and failed.

I am a dealer and sell more Hydroslide than Blindside or Double Up. Most families are looking to dabble in it without a huge cost committment. Hydroslide makes a great first board. Most second boards I sell are Blinside or Double Up. Honestly, they are better boards. I have in the boat a Blade, Soul, 5-O, and Renegade. I also have spent a lot of time on the Carbon 12. If you look carefully at the shape, you will see a couple year old big name pro board. It is not state of the art as my Blade, but for under $200, it is hard to beat for the average family or new rider.

As for warranty, I swap out the gear. It has only happend twice and never a board issue.

Corey - ride hard and often. Enjoy the life and spread the infection.

(Message edited by boarditup on May 02, 2004)
Old    cajun            05-02-2004, 4:47 PM Reply   
Karl I don't want to start any kind of argument and I appreciate all of the info you posted but the reason I said walmart carries them in the first place is that my local walmart has one in stock right now. They also have a hydroslide kneeboard there too. Last fall I was thinking of getting one and they had them in stock too. Not sure what the deal is there if they're not supposed to be selling them.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-02-2004, 5:27 PM Reply   
i dont have an oppinion either way on hydroslide but i can tell you for a fact ive seen them at the local walmart last year ..

i think buying an LF board was a better deal because it was just as cheap as the HS and LF needs your support and makes a well known product that will sell easier down the road when you decide you want something different..

you made the best choice you could IMO
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-02-2004, 9:40 PM Reply   
Karl: I'm not argueing with you, I totally agree, value wakesports.(I know you weren't knocking LF or Origin, well Orgin are out anyways) I just don't think that was what Corey was looking for thats all. HS has there spot and they fill the need well.

(Message edited by kristian on May 02, 2004)