Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    kaputnik            07-03-2006, 4:26 PM Reply   
I have a 2005 Supra 24 SSV and I am having trouble getting the correct wave for Wakesurfing. I cannot seem to get a long wave to surf further back.

We have 4 people in the boat with 3 on the left side. I surf on the left side,have the front ballast full, left ballast full, right ballast empty and the Perfect Pass is set to 10.5 MPH. I can surf behind without the rope for 15 + minutes but it seems I cannot get further back than about 2 feet from the transom, and usually I need to be within 1 to 1.5 feet.

I have heard it said that it is harder to get a nice wave behind a Supra.

Any suggestions?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-03-2006, 4:53 PM Reply   
Bryon, I've spoken with Bryon Greene the web designer of Wakeboard Indiana quite a bit in the last few weekends. He has the 22 foot Supra and claims that all he needs to do to get a good wake starboard wake is to fill the starboard tank. A good starboard wake can be difficult to make. He invited me to ride with him after a surfing event this weekend, but I had to get home.

I wakeboarded behind a Launch 21 V at the NWL Ohio State Championship in Dayton a two weeks ago, the 21 V Launch wakeboarding wake was amazing.

Are there different Supra ballast options, which do you have and how much weight is in each tank?

I would try increasing the speed of your boat or if you have a Bennett trim tab, I’d set it lower (down). Either of these two changes will lift the back of the boat up out of the water and should lengthen the wake. You might also try putting a little more weight in the bow (move people forward) or putting a little LESS ballast in the port locker.

Good luck let us know how it turns out.
Old    kaputnik            07-03-2006, 5:01 PM Reply   
Hi Edward,

I have the Gravity III ballast system. I believe the front bag is 1500 lbs, and the left and right rear bags are 400 lbs each. I have the wakeplate set at 3/4 up.

I'll keep playing with it.

Thanks
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-03-2006, 5:22 PM Reply   
Wow that's almost a ton in the nose! I don't know that I'd want that much weight in the nose. The Inland Surfer guys set up there 23 foot Enzos and SurfDad sets up his 23 (?) foot Tige' with a sack that fills the port locker and with a finger extending into the port bench. The total sack weight is about 1,500 pounds. You've got that much in the nose. I wonder if you can find a way to only fill up the port side of your bow sack.

Any pictures of your wake with and without a rider?