Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-01-2006, 5:23 AM Reply   
When filled can these really be sat on. I know there are advertised as more seating room as well as weight. To those of you that use or have these, what are your thoughts about setting on them while full.. I believe I like the Launch Pad version better, so if there is one out there for sale I am also interested...
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-01-2006, 5:39 AM Reply   
It is called a sofa. Why wouldn't you be able to sit on it? I don't have the Sofa but I do have two of the Fly High Lounges, and the girls frind them quite comfortable. As far as sitting on them while they are full go ahead. I try to bust the seams out of mine every time I fill it and they have held up.
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-01-2006, 7:02 AM Reply   
I had the launch pad one and it was very tough. Great to sit on even with 3 big guys and we ued to chuck boards and all sorts over it without any problems.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-01-2006, 8:07 AM Reply   
I had the Fat Seat and hated it. The sofa looks much better for sitting on.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-01-2006, 10:48 AM Reply   
Fly high has the new fat seat made of the pro x material. That would be super durable. I blew through a couple of the old style seats a few years back and then switched back to sacs. My current boat I am running the pro-x series sacs and they are super stong.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-01-2006, 11:38 AM Reply   
wakeside has the launch pad sofa for 99.95, i think i may go w/ that -- any of you had any problems --thanks for the replys....
Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-01-2006, 12:18 PM Reply   
Joshua I have a fat seat i can sell to you.
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-01-2006, 12:48 PM Reply   
the sofa is sweet way better the the fat seat I have tried them both
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-01-2006, 7:50 PM Reply   
jason, how much shipped to NC -- what yr and how is the condition?
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-02-2006, 9:40 AM Reply   
The new fatseat does have the arms on it though that add at least another 500lbs... keep that in mind.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       03-02-2006, 10:49 AM Reply   
I had one of the original fat seats and blew the seams a couple of times, but a pool patch kit repairs even an 8 inch seam split

In order to get more weight into the back of my direct drive I filled the fat seat to the max, then filled a fat sac about 2/3 full on top of it. If we had more than three riders they flopped onto the fat seat with the sac as a back rest.

Edit: the weight claims are false and way under what they advertise. Do the math on gallons of water times 8.34 lbs and you can prove they are lying.

(Message edited by Peter_C on March 02, 2006)
Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-02-2006, 5:09 PM Reply   
I will check shipping over the wkend. But i was looking at about $80 + shipping.
The seat is in perfect shape. Its pritty much brand new.
Old     (mattyboyr6)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-02-2006, 5:27 PM Reply   
I have the fat seat and it i sholding up quite well. We have had 3 big guys sit on it. Layed a 600lb fat seat on it. Comfortable enough to sleep on as well. Worth the $100 i payed. It does add a noticable amount of weight. Will sink my platform a few inches.

Filling it does take some time but there are 3 fill/drain holes. We don't even air up the back & arm rest anymore.

Old     (darty)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-02-2006, 6:02 PM Reply   
i used to have one of the sofas...filled it all the way up & chilled on it. I loved the added weight & comfort in my direct drive. I often said it backwards behind the motorbox so people could sit w/ their legs up on the trunk... They should come w/ a patch-deal so that if it does rip you can fix it...
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-02-2006, 6:49 PM Reply   
I have a Fat Seat, and its awesome. It has held up beautifully. 3-4 people sit/lay on it consistently all day each day I go out. Enjoy!