Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old    mc1284            03-19-2005, 6:57 AM Reply   
I am going to buy a first board for my kids. Have seen a nice Full Throttle board. However I can't find any information regarding the manufacturer or board. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old     (rebel_ma)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-19-2005, 7:22 AM Reply   
Is that the brand like the kmart life vests? If it is I think that is the brand my son totally ripped the bindings out on his first run. I could of course be wrong. How old/big are your kids?
Old     (2step)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-19-2005, 7:43 AM Reply   
Is CocaCola making wakeboards now?? The energy drink (Full Throttle) is good, I know that.
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-19-2005, 10:09 AM Reply   
Honestly i think those cheap boards are ok i mean most people who get them are trying big s bends and stuff i saw a board at costco with binding and it was shaped like the era it was like 210 or something. not a bad deal for a beginner
Old    gw_mark            03-19-2005, 5:00 PM Reply   
Honestly Mark, go cheap, they will be growing out of them in no time and the way kids learn now adays they are going to want something different in time anyway.
What up Kevin? Hey maybe the s bends on anything that you can ride is cool, most of us can't do anything inverted. But let me know when you buy that Costco board so I can take a pic of that. Hey maybe that is your way into a board deal. You got signed to anything yet?

(Message edited by gw_mark on March 19, 2005)
Old    corey_marotta            03-22-2005, 11:44 AM Reply   
Why buy a cheap, poor performing product if you’re going to replace it with something better later? If you’re investing time into the family by taking the family wakeboarding then invest into quality products that will help their wakeboarding experience so the kids want to ride more.

Companies that jump on the wake band wagon producing low grade Kmart, Costco wake goods know nothing about how a wakeboard should work. Top brands produce top quality performing products making wakeboarding easier. Just because you see pro riders ripping on top products doesn't mean they won't work for the everyday rider, the everyday rider benefits the most from these products because it makes their wake experience better.

Buy a top quality product once; don't buy a crappy poorly constructed poor performing board just to have to spend the money all over again for the right product. Your kids will be stoked dad knew what’s up and gave them the tools to rip. Go to a pro shop, get the right board from people who know what they're talking about.

The biggest benefit for dad’s justifying spending money on good products is the quality family time. If your kid wants to ride because he or she is having a good time then the family can all grow together as wakeboarders keeping the family close. The growing pains kids and parents have in the teen years might be easier if they can all ride together.