Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (santa)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-22-2007, 4:24 PM Reply   
Next week-end will probably be my last set before the boat is off for the winter. Too bad because I started working on TS spins and I feel so close to landing.

As I was practicing TS 3's I noticed that I tend to easily spin all the way to a 5. Then, I land on the board, facing the boat, both hands on the handle, but I just slip out on my butt.

Does it sound like I'm close to landing TS 5's, and should I just stick to just practicing TS 5's instead of 3's, or should I follow conventional wisdom and go for 3's?
Old     (ryman32)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-22-2007, 4:52 PM Reply   
Go for the 5. I did the same thing the first time I tried a TS 3 except for a I did a face plant. My second try I just went for the 5 and landed it. Who needs a 3 when you're landing 5's.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-22-2007, 7:45 PM Reply   
Stick the 5 if it seems easier (plus it will help you mentally feel good). Then go back to 3's and work on that landing. The best thing I heard about TS3's is that they are a 180 up and a 180 down. Pass that handle late and look away from the boat.

Maybe try a few early TS 180's then do the exact same, only after the first 180 give the rope another tug.
Old     (wakeboardlf25)      Join Date: May 2007       10-24-2007, 7:52 PM Reply   
i learned the ts 5 this year and i have it pretty well dialed....but i only landed 1 ts 3....i would say learn the 360 first but since its ur last ride of the year...go for the 5 cuz it really is a easier spin to land in my opinion
Old     (santa)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-25-2007, 5:24 AM Reply   
Oh no... They're calling for rain and cold all week-end. I guess it's gonna be next year. Rats.

Thanks for the encouragement.
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       10-25-2007, 8:32 AM Reply   
Santa,

When I was learning ts 3, I was doing the same thing. It would have been really easy for me to skip the 3 and go to five, and I considered it, but I knew when I got the five I would not likely go back and get the 3, so I worked on the 3 until I got it dialed. It is seriously so fun to land and a little more technical because you have to slow your rotation and land toe edge away from the boat instead of using line tension to help you ride out.

I am so glad I went 3 first. I went back to the 5 yesterday and almost got it in a few tries, hopefully today I will. Good luck to you...oh and the thing that helped me dial in the 3 is: WAIT!

Wait until you get passed the second wake to intiate and pull the handle. The longer you wait the easier it is:-) I hope you get to ride this weekend!
Old    alanp            10-25-2007, 4:26 PM Reply   
i'd say land the 3 first too but i think the 3 is a little more tech so you may be better off with the 5 first.
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-26-2007, 2:34 PM Reply   
I had a an instructor tell me if want a good 3, learn and own it first before moving on to the 5. If you can land a 3, the 5 should come easy. I was lucky enough to learn them both, or rather land them both in same instruction set. Having said that... I worked on my for 1.5 years staright before I said I owned it. Along the way I probably landed a handful of 5s, working on them now and then. After I felt I would not loose the 3, I went on and dialed in the 5 consistantly. Now I can grab the 3 and land the 5 consistantly.

Someone said "who need a 3"... a nice grabbed 3 looks sick, better than an ungrabbed 5 (IMO).

The only difference to me is that on a 3 I spin REALLY SLOW and for the 5 I think about taking the trick up a little more and I spin a little faster.

UJ
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-20-2007, 8:32 PM Reply   
Santa, listen to Matt and Andrea. They both know what's up.
Old    benj_t            11-22-2007, 2:51 PM Reply   
yeah i was actually thinkin tha same thang i went for a toe 5 before a toe 3. i guess its just cause your opening up instead of having tha option to land blind. same thang with a heel blind 3. i learned a blind 3 before a blind 180. its because of the option of having to land blind i guess... also i learned a toe 180 before a toe w2w... idk? its weird... i would say just go with whatever feels better.