Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-04-2007, 8:08 PM Reply   
if there was a place for you to pay to winch and session some rails, or to get winching lessons, would you do it?

how much would you pay for a 1hr sesson? 2hr session? 4hr session?

how much would you pay for winching lessons?

is this even something people would want in their cities?
Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-04-2007, 8:19 PM Reply   
20$ hr.

50$ 4 hr

also I would pay that if I was the only one riding. Much less if there are mulitple people. It also depends on what you are sliding or hitting. If its super sick then its priceless. There are some places in malibu that I would dump money to ride. There are lagoons all over the place down there.
my .02
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-04-2007, 8:22 PM Reply   
we had that here in Jacksonville for a little while at Kona skatepark during the summer. Good idea, mediocre execution. There was one huge funbox in the middle of the pool, so we had it dialed fairly quickly, and I think it got old for most people after a while. People seemed willing to pay for it though. I think the rates started at about 20 an hour and went up from there.Upload
Old    alanp            10-04-2007, 9:26 PM Reply   
i dont think it is something i would take advantage of. winching is just too short of a trip and too much work imo. its cool and has it's place but id rather dump gas in the boat and hit the wake
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-04-2007, 11:06 PM Reply   
I think with the right design it would work well. Personally I can see where it would get old fast with only one obstacle. I too had thought about some pretty cool ideas for a winch setup. Ways to make things go faster/easier and more interesting.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-04-2007, 11:56 PM Reply   
That would be great places where there isn't a cable park or a rail right in front of a dock.. I'd enjoy it just for the aspect of having a crowd right there.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-04-2007, 11:59 PM Reply   
I would consider paying, if someone was pulling the rope out for me every time
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-05-2007, 12:00 AM Reply   
I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-05-2007, 3:11 AM Reply   
KC Watersports has a winch park, so you might check that out to get an idea of what people will pay in that area.
Old    K.B.C.            10-05-2007, 8:44 AM Reply   
I'd definitely be into it. It would have to be priced reasonably.
Old     (tahoeguy7)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-05-2007, 10:05 AM Reply   
The pool in the pic is petty sweet. I think if it was long enough to have one more obstacle it would be a whole lot better. I wish I had a place and the money to build a pool like that.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-05-2007, 10:26 AM Reply   
Tim, I have a pretty good idea on how to fix that.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-05-2007, 11:07 AM Reply   
Anywhere else, not so sure.

In San Diego, with very little usable water, you may have some luck.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-05-2007, 11:50 AM Reply   
yeah, Joe....where is this likely to take place...if in SoCal, I would like to be involved somehow.
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-05-2007, 2:48 PM Reply   
Only if I lived far from water