Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (jpg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-24-2007, 8:30 PM Reply   
what is the best wake surf board and why?
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-25-2007, 4:13 AM Reply   
no such thing. Every board has it's tradeoffs with personal preference being the most important factor in choosing a board.

(but I'd stay away from the wakeboard manufacturer's offerings if you're looking for something you'll be happy with for more then a year)
Old     (mbwakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-25-2007, 11:14 AM Reply   
Hey jpg
I would take a look at the whole new line of shred stixx boards. There awesome boards and you will have a great time progressing on them!!! I have the thresher shredder and it rips!
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-25-2007, 6:12 PM Reply   
You said board, right?
Upload
Upload
Old    surfdad            07-26-2007, 3:01 AM Reply   
This question has been asked in reference to just about any sport imaginable. I think the single best board is the one that allows you to ride. To get out behind your boat and share the sun and water with your family and friends. It doesn't have to be performance oriented, nor even glamourous in appearance. It doesn't need to allow any sort of progression, it just needs to allow you to feel the freedom of free surfing and the joy of a day on the water with those you love and care about. THAT board is the single best board that anyone could own.
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-26-2007, 4:21 AM Reply   
I think the best board comes from the generous folks who agree to donate generously to wakesurfing events.

The folks who promise to donate boards and then actually ship them are:

Inland Surfer
The Walker Project
Shred Stixx
Xtreme Board Company
What ever Alan Bogdanovich is calling his board these days

These folks provide the greatest customer service and the quality is evident in their product.

If anyone in the wakesurfing event planning biz wants to know which board company promises donations and then never ships, feel free to email me.

(Message edited by Ed_G on July 26, 2007)
Old     (jpg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-26-2007, 9:00 AM Reply   
Edward shreds on a plank!!
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-26-2007, 9:14 AM Reply   
That's a sheet, now this is a plank!
Upload
Upload
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-26-2007, 9:34 AM Reply   
Wow Ed G. Looks like you've made a pretty good case for companies to never donate to your events again. Heaven forbid somebody runs into a production or other problem and can't deliver product to you on time. Looks like they get promptly thrown under the bus in a public forum.

I've thrown events before and I can think of a thousand reasons why FREE product doesn't show up in time for the event. That's why you try to get plenty of overlap to make sure the event has freebies no matter what. I don't what company you're bad mouthing, but I think that's a terrible way to promote the sport.
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-26-2007, 9:48 AM Reply   
Wow Dave, sounds like someone has been complaining to you about my post and asked you to remove it.

As you well know, nothing is truly FREE. There is always an exchange of some sort.

As always, you do a great job. Thanks for making Wakeworld happen.
Old     (critter)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-26-2007, 12:28 PM Reply   
I agree with Dave. I was reading your post and went WTF!! very narrow minded and no point to way thier the best board, except you got them free to give out at your comp.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-26-2007, 2:03 PM Reply   
I also organize events. Organizing events get’s complicated and things change; you have to deal with it. You have to give credit to those that came through for you. Like Dave, I think it’s unwise as well as discourteous to post the dirt on a failed promise. If someone did something morally wrong or was offensive well that might be a different matter; you’d have to look at those situations on a case by case basis.

I don’t want to be taken advantage of, and don’t think that I have been. If I can do a little to help the sport grow I’ll do what I can. Hopefully we can all have a little fun along the way.

Everyone that I’ve met socially while boating or worked with on events have been really great and an interesting lot. These are great people and fun to spend time with. Relax, give credit to your sponsors and supporters and don’t worry too much about the rest.
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-27-2007, 2:19 AM Reply   
Exactly Edward. It's a must to give credit to the supporters.

As you touched on there are two stories to every incident and it's often just plain fun to make the one party involved (and their cronies) squirm a little without ever having to mention their name or what deal had been agreed to.

I get the impression everyone replying to my post knows exactlly which board manufacturer I'm quitely "bad mouthing" and that surely can't be a sign of a company heading for the promised profit land.