Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-08-2005, 7:33 PM Reply   

tyler & wakesports

b-52

calabria

tige'

centurion

moomba

mastercraft

supra

sanger

nautique

malibu

seadoo

bayliner

kayot(?)

gator

transcend

misc

yours truly
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-08-2005, 8:14 PM Reply   
Wow that orange and blue Calabria looks sweet!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-08-2005, 9:22 PM Reply   
Saw Mendes in pic #5 and Greg "big wave" Dick in pic #6.
Old    akman            01-08-2005, 9:42 PM Reply   
We were there early and then took off to check out motorcycles so I only have a few pictures.

Checked out all the boats and came away very impressed with the Supra 21V, clean lines, nice detailing, interior was roomy, board racks were nice and swiveled towards the interior, tower was stiff, vinyl and carpet were nice and I thought hands down had the nicest dash (besides my SANTE) and for the price at the boat show $43K and change is a great looking boat.

As we were leaving we stopped off at the Tige booth, the salesman who I won't embarrass tried to tell me to UPGRADE to a 23' V drive. He flat out told me that it was a better boat with a better wake not needing any extra ballast with a wake equal to if not bigger than my SAN. He then tried to tell me he could control the wake according to what trick the rider was going to try. He said if the rider signaled for a spin he would adjust the "taps" for him to a wake preferred for spins and if he was going to do inverts the rider would signal the driver to adjust the "taps" for a steeper wake.

I was like WTF are you talking about, when guys are throwing down they don't have time to signal what tricks they are going to throw each time they cut out, they just transition from trick to trick.

He also tried to tell me that the sloped transom was great for sitting on the swimstep since it made a perfect shape for leaning back and enjoying the swimstep.....again WTF!!!!

He said we have sold over 150 boats last year and nobody said it needed more weight or even wanted to add weight. Dry weight 4,700lbs plus 1,500lbs for the extreme trailer so to trailer this beast you are towing 6,200lbs EMPTY!!!

Here are the pictures that Ryan took.....

My vote for UGLIEST boat of the boat show (NO knock on Mastercraft since I do like their boats) goes to this Disastercraft from "On The Edge Watersports" a totally tan hull and deck X2 with Gold Metal flake trim....can you say BASS BOAT, oh by the way thanks for the beer "coozy" Bruce.

Scored a free Nautique "T" shirt from M2O.....Thanks guys and thanks for taking care of my boat.

Supra 21V

Old    walt            01-08-2005, 9:44 PM Reply   
Those are some really nice boats but what the hell were the people at Calabria thinking with those color choices ?

Nice pics Joe !
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-08-2005, 9:46 PM Reply   
thanks walt.

gramps, sorry missed you guys. your tige' story is the reason why i chose not to talk to any of the dealers/reps...to avoid hearing everyone's bullcrap.
Old    akman            01-08-2005, 9:57 PM Reply   
We were just checking out the show and seeing the new changes on the 05' boats, I stopped by all the booths and really they were all pretty cool except the Tige' guys. Most asked if I had a boat and when I told them I did they asked what kind, when I told them which boat they all said "nice boat" I said thanks and they continued to answer any questions and listened to my comments.

The Tige' dealer felt compelled to put Nautiques down and to try to SELL me on his boat. I was cool and just moved on when I started feeling like he didn't know "jack zhit" about his or other boats for that matter.

The guy that took the most time to go over his boat was the Supra dealer, he was very informative and this was even after I told him I had a boat and wasn't looking for another one or to trade mine in.

He just gave me some information on his brand of boat and why he thought it was a great boat. After speaking with him and looking over the boat I had to agree it is a great boat and if I was looking I would lean hard towards it from what I saw today.

Best thing about the show was the beer vendor telling my wife she was beautiful and hitting up the Beef Jerky Hut!!!

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-08-2005, 10:19 PM Reply   
i wasn't allowed to go near the jerky hut due to its effect on my digestive system.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-08-2005, 10:33 PM Reply   
thank you guys for all the pics for those us us that cant make the trip!!!!
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-08-2005, 10:48 PM Reply   
HMMM. We had free tix to the boat show and didnt
go. Why you ask? I actually thought the CHARGERS
were gonna win. Should have gone to the show instead. At least I would have left there witha smile on my face. Damm.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-09-2005, 8:23 AM Reply   
Great pics....and stories....

E.J.
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-09-2005, 9:30 AM Reply   
Gramps, your Tige dealer sounds a lot like mine. Good job with all the pics Joe, now in case I don't get to a boat show I feel like I've been to one.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-09-2005, 11:16 AM Reply   
Gramps,
I have to agree with you on the Supra Guys
(Island Marine) in corona. They have been taking care of me and my SSV for the past 2 years and they have been great. I cant say enough about their Attitude and service, as well as selling great boats. It's nice to hear someone like yourself who has a SAN (i think) be able to talk highly of other types of boats. Most pelple on here are like " Dude I have a SAN and Malibu's suck ETC ETC....

To each their own and all the boats now a days are nice well made boats with their own high and low points.

Thanks
for the pics both Joe and Gramps.

JOE we need to hook up out at VAIl this Spring, Gramps your more than welcome as well.

Late Erik
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-09-2005, 12:11 PM Reply   
erik, yeah we do!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-09-2005, 12:13 PM Reply   
Sorry I missed meeting some you at the show. I work there, and got to spend a bunch of time looking at the boats, and with no one there, (including some irritating sales persons). Already have my new VLX at the dealer anyway! Sorry, no comp tickets available or I would have offered.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-09-2005, 8:50 PM Reply   
I wish I had taken a camera with me to the Co boat show. For some reason, Tige had simply the worst towers on their boats. Looks like homemade junk or 1st generation technology. One of the towers had the board racks so high up, you needed a ladder to get to them. We really liked the looks of the malibu boats and the Supra line for 2005. Beinga big MC fan, I was a little unimpressed with their linup. Felt like they had gone down a bit in the interior vinyl quality and looks. I also hated the retro look of the one model. I don't remember what one it was, but it looked like a 1965 cadilac with fins.
Old     (zride)      Join Date: May 2001       01-09-2005, 9:22 PM Reply   
nice pics
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       01-10-2005, 1:43 AM Reply   
Joe, due to your comment, I feel like saying this because it still makes me laugh. A long time ago, rook had this quote in alliance mag that said, "I'd like a coffee and hold everything that makes me want to poop." (he was buying a starbucks coffee and I guess he said that when ordering).
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-10-2005, 4:31 AM Reply   
Damn Joe you definetly took a lot of pics, looks like you had a good time but you still should have went to the chargers game, jk. I don't have to go to a boat show this year thanks to you ;)
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-10-2005, 7:26 AM Reply   
Im glad nautique has there old towers back now. Is it more or are the new towers getting worse? What happened to the traditional tower design?
Old    whitechocolate            01-10-2005, 8:14 AM Reply   
Thanks for the photos and posting them Joe. I wish more people would do this.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-10-2005, 9:30 AM Reply   
I can't believe Umali took a picture of a Tige'
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-10-2005, 12:08 PM Reply   
andrew, i agree w/ your comment on the tige' towers. imo, they've always had the worst towers. nice boats, but ugly towers. why don't they work w/ titan or other tower companies (besides phat towers)?

electricsnow, glad my comment reminded you of memorable comments.

mango, i like wakeboats more than i like the chargers.

glad you guys liked the pics. i could've taken more, but my girlfriend was tired of looking at the same boats after 5 laps around the convention center.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-10-2005, 12:26 PM Reply   
I hear that a lot from the Tige dealer down here. I had a friend who wanted a Tige and bought a Bu because the dealer badmouthed every brand out there...basically turned him away and sold him another boat with that kind of attitude...
Plus, their towers are horrible. Not sure why they use Phat Buddie.. Cheapens the boats if you ask me..
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-10-2005, 2:43 PM Reply   
Not that I'm biased, but there is only one Tige dealer I've met that has been straight with me. Matt in Vegas is a great guy, and I've never heard him say a bad word about his competitors.
Old     (wakezone)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-10-2005, 6:48 PM Reply   
go bayliner go!!! great pics joe~! looks to me like malibu still has it this year!! damn good pics.
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-11-2005, 8:52 AM Reply   
I had to chime in here and ask what everyone thought about the sick house boat they had on display. I'm getting ready to book a week on Shasta after seeing it. In talking with the Sales guy they are hoping to eventually get one or two on Bullards Bar as well. I haven't been there myself but I've read from many posts it's a great lake.
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-11-2005, 9:42 AM Reply   
That houseboat was insane. If you want to see a really pimp boat on shasta check out silverthorn's QueenI. It is bascially the houseboat that was at the boatshow but with another story and another couple rooms and extra full size BBQ! I want to know when they are going figure it out and build in a kegorator.
Old    cws_kahuna            01-11-2005, 11:27 AM Reply   
Great pics Joe, thanks for taking the time to share them. Long time no talk by the way, how are you doing?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-11-2005, 11:43 AM Reply   
thanks richard! i wish the pics could have been better, but it was a tough. the show layout was pretty tight. in some, i had to lean up against another boat to take the pics!

things are goin' great! business was slow in nov and dec, which was kind of good since we did lots of travelling, but it has picked up drastically since!

how's the baby? put him on a board yet?

tell the family hi...we definitely need to hook up again this year!
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-11-2005, 12:41 PM Reply   
Actioncpd,

I want to know when they are going figure it out and build in a kegorator.

BINGO!!
Old    cws_kahuna            01-11-2005, 12:45 PM Reply   
Yeah I think the business you're in tends to slow down around christmas time. The baby is doing absolutely wonderful, he's getting so big already it's crazy. He is now crawling so we really need to keep an eye on him. No boards for him yet but come spring he will be in the boat for sure. Glad to hear things are going well for you two.
Old     (wakezone)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-11-2005, 11:39 PM Reply   
bullards bar is siiiik!!!