Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       04-25-2008, 6:07 AM Reply   
Hi Surfdad,
Have you tried this board? I just got it in and a Tige customer is wondering if it will work for him and his sons 180lbs & 160 lbs. Not sure their skill level.
Thanks,
Old    surfdad            04-25-2008, 7:09 AM Reply   
Hey Karen! Long time no hear. How is my favorite Tige Dealer? We rode this board a few years ago in AZ...for the life of me I cannot remember the LF rep's name, but he is a HUGE sponsor of the AzWA. The 4'10" is a fun board. Not a super performer and it might be a little delicate for newbies, but it would be ok size wise for those folks behind a proper;y weighted Tige. As expressed here, most folks recommend one of the molded/popout boards from the big 3 for brand spankin' newbies. However, as long as they are aware that the Custom requires more care and careful handling than one of the popouts I don't see any problem with that board.

Are you having Cathy Williams out to do a clinic again this year? Please keep in touch, I miss hearing from you folks.
Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       04-25-2008, 8:00 AM Reply   
Hi Jeff,
Yes I'm having Cathy again.I tried posting in the girls section but I didn't realize I couldn't do that,I was wondering why it got deleted and then I got an email.
Cathy is on Lewis Smith Lake Friday June 13th.
Monday July 21st, Tuesday July 22nd and more days after that if I get more people interested.
I did notice the Custom was more delicate than the plastic type as in Hyper & CWB but I'm making them a great deal with a bag since they are buying a boat.I still have the Walker Comp X 4'5" from last summer,my youngest niece likes it but I still hate some thug stole my great looking F18.I will get the customers to post on tigeowners to see how to properly load out their 20V for wakesurfing.
Thanks for the info, you're The Man!
Old    surfdad            04-25-2008, 8:07 AM Reply   
If you get pictures of Cathy wakesurfing be sure to send me some!

That is terrible about the theft. Out here in CA I'm used to it, we lock everything up. I think it was Jason out in MN that told me they used to NEVER lock anything up - just leave it in the boat at the slip. I told folks about that here and they thought it was crazy.

I'll look forward to the 20V thread.