Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (sdkid21)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-25-2006, 6:31 PM Reply   
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to get your opinions on the boat cleaners you guys using. Detailing, Waxing, Interior....

Let me know what your using!
Old     (hyperlite7572)      Join Date: May 2005       08-25-2006, 9:24 PM Reply   
I heard 303 works amazingly, I used Meguiers the other day, it made an awesome shine!
Old     (unclesam)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-25-2006, 9:39 PM Reply   
303 is good to apply on clean vinyl. I would use magic erasers on the vinyl before applying the 303( Aerospace 303 protectant) On the outside of the boat when doing a full detail I use a porter cable and use meguairs cleaner polish on a polishing pad... this will usually get rid of any waterspots, and then go over that with a wax of choice.. Klasse AIO is great. NXT Window cleaner I find to be my favorite on windows. Then during wipe down if you fill a sprayer up with vinegar it should help with water spots.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-25-2006, 10:03 PM Reply   
Vinegar/water mixture followed by Meguiars polish and then wax. Works wonders.

Upload
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-26-2006, 12:24 AM Reply   
If you want the BEST one step process got to www.boatbling.net and get HOT SAUCE. I have tried the rest and this is the best water spot remover/ wax I have used. Yes it cost more at about $16-18 a bottle with shipping. Let me guess you spent over $20K for your boat, spend some coin on keeping it looking good. Also the Vinyl Sauce is very good as well. I also like the 3M vinyl restorer if you have older vinyl that needs to be cleaned up and taken care of. As for wax and polish I really like the driven product line. www.driventoperfection.com it does a great job.
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-26-2006, 12:28 AM Reply   
No offense Up North but a new boat better look great in the first year of use. My boat now is a 1992 and The gel and vinyl look great.

Check it out for your self. These pics are coming home from the Colorado river (Havasu area) using only Hot Sauce with a coat of Driven Polish 3 months earlier put on.

http://www2.hotboat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121447