Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-15-2006, 5:31 PM Reply   
LF or hyperlite wakeskates. i am a beginner by the way and which skate?
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-15-2006, 10:06 PM Reply   
I'd recommend demoing as many skates as you possibly can before making a purchase. If that isn't possible, I'd go with something rather inexpensive to begin with and take it from there.....LF Impulse or Control wood decks. If you've got the money, get a HL Byerly.

Not to confuse you too much, but there are other skate manufacturers out there that also make amazing decks. Go to www.strictlyskates.com and check some of them out. Keep us posted when you get one. Once you go strapless, you may never go back!!
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-16-2006, 8:02 AM Reply   
Dont get a Byerly skate if you´re a beginner... It will be soo hard it is a too advanced board to begin with. Its the first skate me and some friends tried and thought it was too hard. Then I bought a $50 Cassette on buywake.com to begin with. ITs working out pretty good for me and my friends.
Old     (cmawsr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-24-2006, 9:17 PM Reply   
anything but.....
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-25-2006, 8:43 AM Reply   
Chris....
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-25-2006, 4:48 PM Reply   
none of the above, there are better skates available. Look at companies such as Integrity, sattelyte, oak or Omen.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-25-2006, 7:46 PM Reply   
I have a Byerly and it is by no means 'difficult' to ride.

With that said, save up your money and buy an Integrity. You won't be dissapointed.
Old    wakefucito            07-11-2006, 8:13 PM Reply   
LF cause overall the boards are shorter and wider and hyperlite boards are longer and skinnier
Old     (wakeskateal)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-11-2006, 9:55 PM Reply   
LF or hyperlite hmmmm... definately Sattelyte
Old    kcw_rider            08-22-2006, 4:28 PM Reply   
im looking to build a wakeskate but i need a design of a jig does anyone have design i could use
Old    kcw_rider            08-22-2006, 4:31 PM Reply   
you could consider kampus wakeskates just last years swing series suck
Old     (djustice)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-23-2006, 7:35 AM Reply   
I got my Byerly(got it shipped for less than $200 off the internet) about a month ago, since then I have not touched my wakeboard. It is not difficult to ride, just different if you are use to riding a wakeboard. Most people on here are going to tell you to support one of the rider owned companies, which is fine. I just dont understand why they trash the big manufacturers, I guess it is the cool thing to do. If everyone that wakeskates bought an Integrity, they would eventually become one of the big evil corporations and everyone would start hating on them too. My advice is to buy what you want, ten years from now it want make a difference who you bought your toy from.
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       08-23-2006, 10:48 AM Reply   
If you have the understanding that a beginner level wood board won't last forever and that the paint will chip, the board will take on water (eventually), and it won't last as long as your wakeboard then you'll be just fine with just about any brand of entry level boards.

I bought an entry level board (2005 LF Melissa 41) because I wasn't sure if I'd like wakeskating since I'd only ridden once before on a demo board. I got hooked on wakeskating and noticed that my entry level board was starting to fall apart after a short period of time. Because I wanted a more durable board, I bought an Integrity (after lots of research on design/construction/shape/etc.) and am proud to own a product that is made in the USA (this is my own personal preference to support USA made products and not something I'm trying to shove down anyone's throat.) And yes, I still have my LF Melissa and will ride it from time to time because it's fun to ride different boards and mix it up a bit.

All in all...IMP...who cares who made it as long as you are having fun and enjoying the ride. Demo as many as you can and find one that fits what you are willing to pay for it.