Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (face_smash)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-10-2005, 1:25 PM Reply   
Hay there guys just wondering if anyone can pull any kind of invert behind a jetski??? Or any kind of trick?? Just curious and thought i might try it!!
Old                12-12-2005, 4:24 PM Reply   
Your best bet would be an air roll to revert. I was doing that in Mexico when I was getting pulled in the ocean. That is the most simple air trick out there. Since there is not much of a wake - you will have to really carve hard. I would recommend learning it behind a boat first if you can. Other wise, good luck and keep your handle low.
Ryan
Launch Wakeboarding School
Old     (face_smash)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-14-2005, 2:33 PM Reply   
Do you mean a back roll to revert???? I thought a bel air would be the best bet???? Could you be alittle more specific what you mean, as now i am curious and want to try it!!!

Danny
Old                12-14-2005, 2:50 PM Reply   
Sorry, you are right - that is what I have called it for a long time. An air roll is considered and air back roll, just a little shorter. If you are really good at throwing a tantrum and you think you can get the height, then go for it. The easiest air trick for me is the air backroll to revert, it easier than the air back roll. When you are doing a back roll, your body wants to naturally turn in the direction of revert. That is why it is easier to go to revert than doing a regular back roll. If you want to learn the air back roll to revert, it is best to start behind the boat. Learn the backroll to revert first, then practice doing them from the middle of the wake out (a one wake roll to revert). Once you master that, try doing one in the flats. You will want to edge really hard as if you are going to stop the boat, then pull the handle to your back hip, peak up over your front shoulder and throw the trick. Have fun, but don't try them in the flats before you can do them wake to wake - you will kill yourself.

Ryan
Old     (face_smash)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-15-2005, 9:31 AM Reply   
Cheers Ryan, i will give it a go!!! I can already do Backrolls and Tantrum's behind the boat so i will give it a go for a laugh!! I will asume it is simular to doing a backroll on the cable???

Danny
Old                12-15-2005, 9:41 AM Reply   

Cool, just remember to push that handle to you back hip and keep your eyes up. Or you can put the handle around the neck, close your eyes and carve away from the boat as hard as possible (that's what I do). Either way should work - ha ha. Good luck

Ryan
Old     (face_smash)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-16-2005, 1:23 PM Reply   
Ha ha, cool!! Ryan just a quick question, what speed do you do all this stuff at??? I'm still at a loss whaen it comes to the whole speed thing??

Danny
Old                12-16-2005, 1:33 PM Reply   
You will want to go your normal speed, to make the wake clean on both sides of the wake. Most of the time it is about 21 mph or so, depending on your weight and the type of boat you are running. If you are going too slow, the board will sink into the water and you won't get the pop you need. Then again if you are going too fast, you will have a hard time digging the board in to get a good enough pop. Just need to find that "sweet speed" that makes it all happen.
Wooooooooorrrrrrrrrdddddddddddd,
Ryan
Old                03-20-2006, 1:19 PM Reply   
yo Danny I have been doing tantrums behind my buddies jet ski. You just have to cut in really hard and hit the 8 inches of wake and just throw it, i have been trying backrolls too but that is harder to get around.