Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old    wickedwake            05-26-2005, 3:14 PM Reply   
Today Andrew Adkison had a meet and great at Lake Martin here in Alabama at Kowliga Marina. We got to hang out and ride/watch Andrew ride all day long. He is by far the coolest guy I have ever met. He was so down to earth you wouldnt even beleive it. We just had a great time on the water and he threw down some MAJOR stuff. Can you say Mobe 5 with nose grab! This was the first time I have ever seen a pro ride and it was really an eye opening experience. In no other sport can you go hang out with the best in the business and watch him do what he does best and shoot the stuff all day, only in wakeboarding. Today has relit the fire in my wakeboarding and I cant wait to get on the water this weekend. I will have some pics tonight. Clay
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-26-2005, 3:20 PM Reply   
sweet!! post pics! that is cool.

but if that was the best day of your life, you need to forget about riding this weekend and go get some tail...
Old    wickedwake            05-26-2005, 6:09 PM Reply   
Haha! Ok, Maybe not the BEST day of my life but still up there with one of the best! We had an awsome time all day.

The man himself...
Old    wickedwake            05-26-2005, 6:10 PM Reply   
sorry having to resize one at a time...

Old    wickedwake            05-26-2005, 6:17 PM Reply   
Me and AA
Old    wickedwake            05-26-2005, 6:18 PM Reply   
Me AA and Woo throwing up some mini shakas

(Message edited by wickedwake on May 26, 2005)
Old    wickedwake            05-26-2005, 6:24 PM Reply   
Me sporting the new autographed Transcend (dont laugh haha!)
Old    wickedwake            05-26-2005, 6:27 PM Reply   
My goofy azz roommate chowing down on free hot dogs with the X10.
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-26-2005, 8:32 PM Reply   
sorry, but wakeboarding is certainly not the only sport where you can hang with pros and watch them do what they do best. looks like you had a great time, though.
Old    wickedwake            05-26-2005, 8:41 PM Reply   
O, well I meant wakeboarding AND Raketball (you m/s'd it) LOL
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-27-2005, 7:23 AM Reply   
Just curious, any pics of Andrew riding?
Old    wickedwake            05-27-2005, 8:34 AM Reply   
I do have some, but I was using a disposable camera with an optical zoom LOL. So the pictures were terrible of him riding.
Old    wickedwake            05-27-2005, 8:37 AM Reply   
osmosis raley from the shore...

Old    wickedwake            05-27-2005, 8:41 AM Reply   
Going BIG!! My photography skills at the max here

Old    wickedwake            05-27-2005, 8:46 AM Reply   
Chad Reeese, A local guy that rips! He almost landed front roll 540 (with a grab in it) AA said has never been done before, but he never was able to hold on. watching them ride was absolutely sick!

Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-27-2005, 9:38 AM Reply   
Sweet.

Gee, I can really feel the stoke for you here Clay. Well, except for Ryan. lol
I'm thinking that if you would have gone out with Andrew that night, partied till dawn on his tab and spanked some groupies - that would could have made it into the best day of my life hall of fame. I'm sure Ryan would agree. lol

Either way that's a killer day!

Nice friggin wake too - Andrew is going huge off that dub!
Old    wickedwake            05-27-2005, 9:43 AM Reply   
Haha! Well Im sure we would have if he didnt have his very nice girlfreind with him and he wasnt in a hurry to Callaway Gardens to win the Masters this weekend!

The X star was throwing a HUGE wake. Pictures nor videos do any of this justice. The wake was huge the air was huge and my jaw was on the floor the entire time
Old    gunny_baker            05-27-2005, 9:59 AM Reply   
Really looks like a sic day! How did that fall in your lap? Was that AA's boat?
Old    wickedwake            05-27-2005, 10:03 AM Reply   
A local marina held a meet and greet. Im not sure if it was just a bad job of advertising or what but no too many people showed up. So me and my roommate pretty much got to spend the whole day with him. It was the marina's X-star. He was definatly on top of his game holding nothing back.
Old    fl_girl            05-27-2005, 1:17 PM Reply   
Southern boys are so hot!
Old     (ridnlow)      Join Date: May 2005       05-27-2005, 1:24 PM Reply   
Im Jelous Clay.. Lake Martin is awesome and so is Andrew.. put the two of them together and thats to cool. I was going to try and make it up there but I found out about it to late!

P.S Andrew is currently leading the Masters!!
Old    wickedwake            05-29-2005, 3:24 PM Reply   
Yeah man, too bad you found out to late, you missed one heck of a time. Well Andrew threw down this weekend, Soven is just untouchable!