Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old    jdavis4            07-26-2004, 6:21 AM Reply   
I was going to order a new vest. Was wearing friends, but it really sucked. Started not to wear one, but decided that was not the smartest move. What's a good one? Also, what size should I get? I was going to order online. Price does not matter. I'm 6'1, 180lbs, normal build. Thanks for the help.
Old     (wakeboardwade)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-26-2004, 6:29 AM Reply   
jet pilots are great but be sure to get a size smaller they run huge!
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-26-2004, 6:37 AM Reply   
Jet Pilot, O'Neill or Body Glove
Old     (wakeboardwade)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-26-2004, 6:44 AM Reply   
word...
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-26-2004, 6:45 AM Reply   
I went by the local board store and tried on the O'Neill Mental and by far the most comfortable "APPROVED" vest I have ever tried. It was very easy to move around in as well.
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       07-29-2004, 4:28 AM Reply   
My roommate has the jetpilot A-10 and he loves it. It is lightweight, versatile, and pretty comfortable. He is probably about the same size as you and he has a large.
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-17-2004, 10:50 PM Reply   
try the oneill "the law" it is on boardersparadise.com it is the lightest most flexible cga vest
Old     (fumanchoo)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-18-2004, 8:30 AM Reply   
Best jacket I have ridden is the Dakine shock vest.You can find it under their kiteboarding gear.Its NOT USCG approved but you would never know.I weigh 210 and it floats me just like a regular USCG approved jacket!
Old    trickskisrock            08-18-2004, 4:48 PM Reply   
If you don't mind riding a nonUSCG vest get the O'Neil Outlaw size XL. Should fit you like a glove. Super comfortable and flexible. If you talk to the O'Neill reps, they found a loophole in the USCG law which makes it legal to wear this vest based upon the amount of flotation contained. You need to make sure you have a USCG vest in the boat still though.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-18-2004, 10:00 PM Reply   
if you want a USCG approved vest and you like the Outlaw vest, check out The Law vest. its just like the Outlaw, but it has just enough padding to make it CGA friendly. i got one on friday and its pretty damn nice...

you can find it at www.boarders-paradise.com