Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-04-2006, 7:38 PM Reply   
I just bought a pair of '06 3ds boots and I am really disappointed with the quality of construction. The piece of rubber that covers the hidden hardware that goes from the toe to the heel doesn't line up, you can see the lines that they were suppose to line up everything on, there is all kinds of extra glue that didn't get covered up and part of the neo sock is already coming unstitched. Only one of the four pieces of rubber that cover up the hidden hardware is lined up correctly, the others aren't down far enough and you can see the stitching on them. I've only tried these bindings on! None of these will effect performance at all but I would expect a lot different from a company like Hyperlite. I have mostly had Hyperlite boots and boards and been really happy with every thing else. What would you guys do? Does anybody know someone I could contact at Hyperlite. Or are most of the boots everyone else has this same way. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-04-2006, 7:41 PM Reply   
Take them back and get another pair if it bothers you this much.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-04-2006, 8:01 PM Reply   
06 and newer come with a two year exchange warranty from date of purchase. No more repairs. Get new ones if anything is coming unstitched. Go through any HL dealer for warranty service.
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-05-2006, 2:59 AM Reply   
Hey Nick,
Hyperlite has had some issues with the boots, but is extremely good about taking care of these issues provided you are dealing with a shop that cares about taking care of their customers. The boots ride great and they have made improvements to resolve some of the issues from 2006.....but again, would strongly suggest you have a good dealer to work with on this. Hope this helps.

Bill @ Performance.
Old     (bp22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-05-2006, 8:47 AM Reply   
Take them back. I had some 06 Drives that two of the rubber lace eyelets tore and they replaced them with the 07 model. It appears these boots are going to do the same thing, but we will see. Their customer service was very good. I e-mailed them some pixs and they responded in less than an hour. Good luck.