Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Kingsriver)      Join Date: Aug 2011       04-21-2012, 7:54 PM Reply   
I have spent the last 6 months reading all kinds of post on Wakeworld and now I finally can say I have a new boat on the way. http://www.semperspeedandmarine.com/...10&pov=2633118. I almost bought a MB 21 TC but my wife and I fell in love with the Sanger 237. We boat a bunch at Shaver Lake 5500 feet as well as Pine Flat 900' so the big engine will help. Thank you to all the great posts on Wakeworld it made the boat buying process a blast.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-21-2012, 8:15 PM Reply   
nice friggin boat
Old     (dhill)      Join Date: Aug 2010       04-21-2012, 8:34 PM Reply   
freakin awesome looking boat. interior looks so plush. congrats!!!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-21-2012, 8:51 PM Reply   
So sick. I am going to agree with D Hill. the interior looks soooooo comfy. That is a really cool driver's seat bolster. It looks like something I wouldn't mind sitting in all day.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-21-2012, 9:49 PM Reply   
those boats look so killer on the water. And that one's badass on the trailer too!
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-21-2012, 10:32 PM Reply   
Sweet ride, that color scheme is sick! I also like the surf trim tabs they are using, and the interior looks great along with the rear facing seat rest behind the drivers seat. Sanger looks like they are stepping up there builds!

Congratulations, enjoy!
Old     (davidggriffith)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-21-2012, 10:38 PM Reply   
when did sanger start offering the indmar motor?
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-24-2012, 3:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidggriffith View Post
when did sanger start offering the indmar motor?
Not only that, but when did the LS1 ever come in a 6.0? Looking at Sangers and Mercrusiers website, if it has the big motor, it has the 380HP 6.2L, which is actually a pretty sad output as the other the Marine motor providers, such as PCM and Indmar, are getting 409HP out of the L96 6.0L. I doubt Mercrusier is using the LS3 as its base, likely using the L92, but should be getting more HP than that out of it.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-21-2012, 10:54 PM Reply   
You are going to be very happy with that ride. Enjoy.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-21-2012, 11:27 PM Reply   
Fully flossed! I'm hugely jealous, really nice work man.
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-22-2012, 5:17 AM Reply   
Sweeeet!!Congratulations man!!Now go shred that butter!!!!
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       04-22-2012, 6:09 AM Reply   
curious if the prices were even in the same ball park( 21 MB and Sanger 237), congrats !
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-22-2012, 12:12 PM Reply   
I would be really interested in some feedback on the wake performance, I have seen the surf wake is good but there hasn't been to much buzz about wakeboard wakes.
Old     (Kingsriver)      Join Date: Aug 2011       04-22-2012, 5:35 PM Reply   
I have had a few PM about price and I would prefer to say only that Mark was great to work with. He is putting the upgraded stereo in with tower speakers and PA system so the. Kids can rag on their friends. We started at a 40k budget but after looking at that price range and considering all the factors we moved to a new boat. We might of bought the new MB but our local dealer did not have any to show us and Mark hand over a 2 dozen new and a couple used boats to look at. I have. Never surfed but bought a board yesterday so will post some pictures once I get up with my girls. FYI we live in Sanger and I have a sophomore at Sanger High and anther one in 6th so I am hoping I can be cool enough to keep them wanting to hang out with my wife and I on the new boat. I hope to have the boat this week and we are having a father daughter campout in 2 weeks for my 6th grader so I have a lot to learn in the next few days.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-22-2012, 6:56 PM Reply   
Wow. That's a really nice looking boat. After seeing all the boring v210 and v215s at the boat show I was kinda worried Sanger was stuck in a rut, obviously they are not.
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-22-2012, 8:09 PM Reply   
That's an awesome looking boat!
Old     (boardnxtx)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-23-2012, 8:00 PM Reply   
Great looking boat. Semper Marine is pretty stellar as well. I live in TX and bought a boat from them and it was probably one of the smoothest boat transactions I've had. Congrats!!
Old     (montana_sanger)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-23-2012, 8:42 PM Reply   
Sanger has started offering either the Merc or Indmar engine options for 2012. If you guys look close at the pictures you will notice the cockpit is now longer than previous V237's. They utilized a short driveshaft and were able to move the engine further back in the hull. I think Scott P. told me it gained like 13 inches in cockpit length. I have yet to put a tape measure to one to compare them but its quite obvious when you see the boat up close.

Congrats on your new purchase you will love it. There is also supposed to be a soft sided removable cooler for the starboard side. At least that's the case on the V237 S model I ordered. I have not received one yet as I guess they are a work in progress. You may ask your dealer about that, I know they were going to ship me one when available.

I'm not sure if you guys were aware but they also have an option of a 1.46:1 V-drive too, which sure helps us guys at elevation.

Last edited by montana_sanger; 04-23-2012 at 8:47 PM. Reason: grammer
Old     (Kingsriver)      Join Date: Aug 2011       04-23-2012, 8:52 PM Reply   
I was also able to get 5 year engine warranty on the Indamar because of he insurance company I used. They were even $200 less per year than my current carrier. Went by Semper today and they are just waiting on the pre amp to come on Wedensday and I should have her by Friday. Too bad won't be able to take her out until next week. The inside is at least a foot bigger and their is a very nice built in cooler on the Starboard side as well as on under the dash. (kind of). No I just need to learn how to surf.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-24-2012, 8:13 AM Reply   
Could be a bunch of BS but when I was selling MAstercraft and Centurions(when they had Mercruisers) I was told mercruiser tests/rates their HP differently then the other manufacturer's. that could of easily been another salesman feeding me a huge line of BS but thought I would mention it?
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-24-2012, 1:46 PM Reply   
Local Fresno guy here, I'll definitely keep an eye out for you on Pine Flat.
Sweet boat.
Congrats!
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       04-24-2012, 1:58 PM Reply   
Gorgeous boat. Wish there were good/stable Sanger dealers here in Texas. That's the only reason I didn't get one was lack of dealer support.
Old     (bhyatt_ohp)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-24-2012, 2:21 PM Reply   
Could someone elaborate on the trim tabs in the back. Looks like a fixed wake plate center, then two tabs on each side of the hull. Do you put one down one up depending which side your surfing?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-24-2012, 3:30 PM Reply   
I have a question as well. What is the deal with the step just in side the cockpit. Is it really just a step or was there not enough clearance with the floor at the normal height their so they had to come up with something and the step was the best solution. Also, kind of interesting that it has a walkover pad on the sundeck but it doesn't go all the way across front to back. Seems weird. I think I would rather have it all as padded sunpad then have a walkover that you have to walk across vinyl to get to. Those are my only 2 ???? about the new 237. I will say it looks much larger inside then the original 237.
Old     (montana_sanger)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-24-2012, 5:49 PM Reply   
As far as the trim tabs, you are correct they can be offset depending on what side you you are surfing. Its part of the "Surf Series" option as well as the platform with the corners that are cut off. The center wakeplate keeps the boat from porpoising at speed, kind of a must on most their models.

I've surfed with them and they work pretty well, although there is still no substitute for weight in my mind. You can also use them to level the boat out while underway similar to the original concept that bennett came out with for cabin cruisers way back.

The step in the floor I believe is to clear the V-drive as the engine is moved back but you can't really move the V-drive any further aft and still have it clear the rudder etc. I will crawl around in ours tomorrow if I get some time and let you know. That padded section in the middle of the back seat comes out and it has the white rubber traction materiel underneth to step on.

In the aft portion of the back deck is a little compartment for ropes, gloves or whatever. I prefer to think of it as my personal Schmidt's cooler as I normally surf goofy and I would have either a sack or lots of people on the Starboard side over the main cooler. The older V237's had something similar.

I kind of agree that I would rather it was padded as there are no shoes in my boat anyway. However, I was happy to see Sanger at least mixing it up a little for 2012. I think it helps tie in the afore mentioned step in the cockpit. Here's a couple of pics:
Attached Images

Old     (Kingsriver)      Join Date: Aug 2011       04-24-2012, 8:14 PM Reply   
I almost bought a used 237 and that boat had about 13" less room the the new one with the cup holder. My wife and I were going between the 237 surf and the 215 surf at the dealer but I could not pass up all the extra room. The cup holder is hiding part of the Vdrive. We also like the fact that we could walk into the boat without alway standing on the upolstroy. I hae a lot to learn about once I get this boat.
Old     (v8truckin)      Join Date: Apr 2012       04-30-2012, 5:35 PM Reply   
Congrats on your boat Tal! I just bought a brand new sanger also v210 though. Born and raised in sanger so I had to have a sanger as my 1st boat...there a thing if beauty! Sure I'll see u around pine flat.
Old     (Kingsriver)      Join Date: Aug 2011       04-30-2012, 9:54 PM Reply   
We are going to go out to Pine Flat for our first run Wednesday night. Then I have a group of 22 dads and 6th grade girls for the weekend. The stereo will be rocking. Looking forward to teaching my girls and their friends how to surf this weekend. Nick what does your boat look like? Congratulation on your new v210.
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-30-2012, 11:04 PM Reply   
Sweet looking V237!

I love...I mean like a deep MAN love my V237. I can't image having 13" more space. Last summer we had 19 people on the boat. Lets just say the wake was pretty epic!
Old     (v8truckin)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-01-2012, 5:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsriver View Post
We are going to go out to Pine Flat for our first run Wednesday night. Then I have a group of 22 dads and 6th grade girls for the weekend. The stereo will be rocking. Looking forward to teaching my girls and their friends how to surf this weekend. Nick what does your boat look like? Congratulation on your new v210.
Thanks,
its black and grey with the old english Sanger & V in black. Stereo system isn't getting installed for another 2wks. I took her out for her 1st dip 2 Sundays ago, but have been in SF for training for wrk... I won't be out there till this wknd. I'm headed back for the wknd to hit pine flat this saturday and the drive back up Sunday night. Wow that's a lot of ppl!
Old     (Kingsriver)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-02-2012, 9:28 PM Reply   
We went out tonight. 2 fishing boats and us. Kids loved the wake. Will be at Island Park camp. Ground with 11 dads and daughters from Quail Lake Charter school all weekend. I hope to get a few of them up surfing. See you on the lake. Where did you get your boat? Semper?
Old     (v8truckin)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-02-2012, 10:55 PM Reply   
Tal,

Was it cold out there Wednesday? I'm hoping the weather gets a lil warmer come the wknd. Coo that's where I launch from also, bet i can't miss your boat.

No I didn't get it from Sempre. Had been looking for awhile, he came off as a DB to me right away (attitude wise). Wouldn't work with me on price I wanted & pretty much said I'm the only Sanger dealer in the Fresno area... Take it or leave it (not exact words). So I headed up to Tahoe for vacation in Feb on my way home stopped in SJ and came home with a brand new Sanger from San Jose. Had a friend do the same because of his experience with the Fresno dealer, bought a brand new v215 from elsewhere.
Old     (Kingsriver)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-07-2012, 8:58 PM Reply   
I think I saw you on Saturday. Do you have perfect pass on your boat? Need to get that figured out? Your boat looks really clean if it was the one I thought i drove by this weekend. Went out tonight to Island Park to Kayak and it was like glass.
Old     (Kingsriver)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-03-2012, 9:05 PM Reply   
The guys in SJ were great to talk to as I was thinking about a VRIde they had. We called all around but there were not many VLX 237 that we could buy this year and Mark did work with us to make a winwin deal. The lake was nice a little cool and I cool tonight for sure. We will be at Island Park so I will keep a eye out for you.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       05-03-2012, 9:09 PM Reply   
Just sold the DLX....but love sangers. Nice boat!
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-08-2012, 4:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimewarranty View Post
Just sold the DLX....but love sangers. Nice boat!
what did you get to replace it?
Old     (v8truckin)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-08-2012, 6:49 PM Reply   
Tal,

If your talking to me wasn't wakeboarding on saturday, was just cruising n stayed tide up with another Sanger drinking back of the lake (where the upper river meets).

I'll post pics of my boat once my system gets done being installed, before memorial day.