Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-30-2012, 3:10 PM Reply   
Or any other reader's. I wanted to get one for my wife and thought I would ask here about them before I went and got one. Is there any other reader I should be checking out as well?
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-30-2012, 3:56 PM Reply   
The Kindle Fire is a gigantic POS. I love my original kindle, easy to read, quick downloads, battery lasts for weeks, holds 1000's of books and is cheap. The nook is 2nd class in my opinion, not nearly as user friendly as the Kindle. iPad would be my first choice if Apple could figure out how to make a surface that doesn't reflect every light in the universe although it is heavy to hold for those who like to hold their books while reading (in bed for example). iPad can not be used in sunlight period. You can read a kindle in virtually all conditions except for those without light. The Kindle (except for the Fire) does only one thing - a very book like experience. You don't want to surf the web or email with it - too cumbersome.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-30-2012, 5:05 PM Reply   
There is also the smaller ipad to consider coming later this year.
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-30-2012, 6:51 PM Reply   
I'd skip any of the more expensive readers with color screens. My wife also has an original Kindle and Kindle Fire. The Fire is a toy, and the original is a reader. If all you want is a reader, then don't waste money on an Ipad or anything other than a basic reader. Stay away from anything other than a reader with a matte screen vs. some of the other things out there with your typical screen with a glare. They work great. Even my Mom, who doesn't even know how to use a computer or has email got a Kindle and actually uses it and loves it. They're very easy to read, cheap, and it's nice to something so lite as compared to most books.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       07-30-2012, 7:45 PM Reply   
Bought my wife a kindle last xmas. She loves it, carry and buy books from anywhere. For a dedicated reader kindle is second to none IMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-30-2012, 9:01 PM Reply   
I got a 3 G Kindle Touch for $149 Amazon. Thanks