Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (twelve02)      Join Date: Aug 2010       07-19-2011, 11:20 AM Reply   
So, I scratched my hull this weekend, cause I wasn't paying attention. I read Grant West's post about how he fixed his - http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=674757

The scratches aren't too deep and I was wondering if I could wet sand and buff them out. Any one have any luck with just having them sanded out, thoughts?

Thanks,

-Tom
Attached Images

Old     (twelve02)      Join Date: Aug 2010       07-19-2011, 1:46 PM Reply   
Really??? No one?
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-19-2011, 2:19 PM Reply   
rubbing compound, then wax
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-19-2011, 2:25 PM Reply   
I had one like the first pic and rubbing compound and wax didn't do to much. I never went as far as Grant did, but thats probably what I needed to do.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-19-2011, 2:26 PM Reply   
I also would like to know the answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (nelson)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-19-2011, 2:48 PM Reply   
Grind them out fill them in, sand and polish. Not that hard to do nor will it take more then a few hours. But that's really the only way you will get them to go away. If you run your finger nail across them do you feel a edge? Grants write up on how to fix them is spot on follow the steps and you will be amazed at how easy it really is.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       07-19-2011, 2:57 PM Reply   
Wow that is the same color as my Sanger and I need to fix a lil spot like that.
Old     (twelve02)      Join Date: Aug 2010       07-19-2011, 3:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson View Post
Grind them out fill them in, sand and polish. Not that hard to do nor will it take more then a few hours. But that's really the only way you will get them to go away. If you run your finger nail across them do you feel a edge? Grants write up on how to fix them is spot on follow the steps and you will be amazed at how easy it really is.
Yes, i can feel the edge of the scratch, I would say the max depth is at most a 1/32" - 1/16" That's the worst one, the others' are more surface blemishes and don't have depth to them.
Old     (nelson)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-19-2011, 4:07 PM Reply   
Then you are going to need to grind and fill them. Really it is not that bad to do, done several myself. Grant really did a good job explaining the process. You may be able to wet sand and hide some of the smaller scratch's, but if you really want it back to new again get a hold of spectrum color and they will set you up with your color.