Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    akman            02-27-2003, 9:16 PM Reply   
Trailer that is..........

I was all excited today when Ian at M20 Marine (San Diego CC dealer) called and sent me an email this evening. So I called him back all happy, he says hey your trailer is in and starts laughing...

Here are some pics of our trailer piggy-backed with Bill's trailer.

We went with a Galvanized trailer and then had it EPOXY dipped all Black and went with the Star Aluminum Rims, I think it looks sweet.

Now if it had the damn boat sitting on it.... 2 more weeks to go!

(Message edited by akman on February 27, 2003)
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-27-2003, 9:27 PM Reply   
They are friends already!
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-27-2003, 9:37 PM Reply   
Tease. I was soiling my pants with anticipation
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-27-2003, 10:44 PM Reply   
I think the black trailer should roll over for a better ride!
Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       02-27-2003, 11:06 PM Reply   
Shes a beaut!!!! :-) Im am surprised that it didnt come with prop gaurd rollers, you going to install them yourself?
Old    akman            02-27-2003, 11:53 PM Reply   
Shawn it does have prop guard rollers you just have to look hard to see them in the picture. The trailer also has back up lights, rollers for guides instead of the solid ones, swing a way tongue, center rollers between the bunks up front, surge and electrical disc brakes.
Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       02-28-2003, 12:00 AM Reply   
Oh wow Im retarded those are actually very easy to see. Ya its a very nice trailer, is very simalar to mine, ie: back up light, etc... pretty much everything you listed.
Old    hockeyruss            02-28-2003, 5:31 AM Reply   
That is awesome, I have never heard of painting a galvanized trailer, wish I had, cause I would have a yellow one if that was the case. How much more was it for the paint job?
Old    turtle            02-28-2003, 6:26 AM Reply   
I could afford the trailer!
Old    cws_kahuna            02-28-2003, 6:49 AM Reply   
That is sweet to have a painted galvanized trailer, I think they should all just come that way. Now I just want to see your boat on that trailer, or better yet in the water.
Old    akman            02-28-2003, 7:08 AM Reply   
The trailer will still stand up to the elements since it is galvanized, but the epoxy dipping makes the outside feel like it has a rubber coating over it. They did it before they put the electrical and all the hardware on it. It will still have that rough galvanized texture to it, but it looks WAY better in my opinion. The other thing we did was go with a channel type of framework instead of the tube type, it doesn't trap water, is way easier to clean and is built to handle the same weight of a standard tube framing.

I did some checking around before we had it done, I looked at etching and painting, I looked at zinc coating, etching and painting. I checked with a few metal companies and they all said if you are going to do anything with a galvanized metal you should have it dipped in epoxy. The company that makes the trailers here in Southern California www.trailrite.com started doing it last year, the dealers cost was $400.
Old    swass            02-28-2003, 7:19 AM Reply   
Man, that is sweet. Very classy.
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-28-2003, 8:37 AM Reply   
Hey Gramps, very nice looking trailer. I like the dip. Seems like a great idea to get another layer of protection on top of the galvanizing.

When you say rubber coating, is it a little harder than that though so it won't be easily scratched? When I think epoxy I think like surfboard / gel coat hard, but that is not the feel to it?
Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-28-2003, 8:58 AM Reply   
How's the wake?
Old    hockeyruss            02-28-2003, 9:08 AM Reply   
Gramps, Thanks for the info. You should hook it up to your truck, and drive it thru some puddles to see what the wake is like for Bruce......
Old    dropzero            02-28-2003, 9:35 AM Reply   
Aki,
Is M2O selling the your MC on their lot? If they are email me. I need to ask you something.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-28-2003, 11:00 AM Reply   
Rony I can answer the questions for you:
One careful lady owner
Never carried ballast
Oil change every 10 hrs
Never driven above 24 mph
Only in fresh water
Selling because it is perfect and I want to share the love
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-01-2003, 8:38 AM Reply   
So I go over to to Gramps' house last night and in the driveway is his Prostar with a for sale sign on it and his Exploder with a Nautiques sticker on it already!!!!! Dude is intense!!!