Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (liquidmalibu)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-21-2008, 2:44 PM Reply   
Woo Hoo,
im heading to Stoney Park today for the weekend.

anyone have tips for the wall ride. i understand it's 50cm out of the water, so you'll have to ollie on.

i really wanna get pretty high on that thing!

thanks
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-21-2008, 4:17 PM Reply   
The key to a wall ride is making sure you have good speed going into it. If you go into a wall ride wide no speed, the obvious happens, you slip out. If you go in with speed, ollie on and bend your knees, it is as easy as any slider you will hit. It is a little intimidating cutting into a "wall" with speed but if you do, you will 100% stick it
Old     (liquidmalibu)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-21-2008, 5:20 PM Reply   
kyle,
what sort of injurys do you get if you skip out?

how safe is it.

i wanna be positive macking in. haha
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-21-2008, 5:35 PM Reply   
I slid out once on the OWC wall ride right at the top and just got a little bruise on my butt where I laned....it would be like falling on box anywhere else on the slider, just slide down and off