Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-18-2004, 1:23 PM Reply   
Check out the winning design from Dean Huspen. He picked up a signed version of Leslie's new board with his design on it, an Inland Surfer Green Room and a pair of Nice Ricky G bindings. Congrats to Dean and thanks to all those that sent in entries...

http://www.wakeworld.com/contests/2004/gator.asp
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-18-2004, 1:50 PM Reply   
Congrats, Dean!

You did a GREAT job on Leslie's board! Have fun with all your new gear you won.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-18-2004, 2:06 PM Reply   
weird...the other day I saw a post with the new GB graphics, and leslie's board was not the design shown in that article.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-18-2004, 4:06 PM Reply   
That's because somehow somebody somewhere posted the incorrect graphic.
Old     (cam)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-18-2004, 4:54 PM Reply   
That was on wake.com.au
We just posted what we received.
Got an email from gator the next day asking to take it down Leslie's board as someone had put the wrong graphic there.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-18-2004, 8:15 PM Reply   
The actual pictures of leslie kent in the graphics are going to be wierd. You normally see cartoons in graphics. This time its like a collage of cartoon/photos.
Old    buergday            08-23-2004, 1:53 PM Reply   
I got screwed! That was my design that was posted on there. I got a phone call from a friend saying "check out this site - you must have won!" So I looked, and sure enough, there was my design. Yahoo!!! Called my family and friends. Bragged to everyone at the office. Told my wife that next season she'll be riding a GB with MY graphics on it. Then, the next day it was removed from the site and you guys announced someone else as the winner on here. Congrats to the winner, but I'm still a bit PO'ed about the whole thing. I will be accepting appologies in the form of free merchandise.
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-23-2004, 1:58 PM Reply   
well, whoever did do it looks pretty sweet. Congrats
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-23-2004, 2:12 PM Reply   
buergday, i think someone owes you a board w/ your graphics on it.
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-23-2004, 2:27 PM Reply   
That might be kind of costly, but I do agree that you're entitled to something for the "miscommunication". I'd def write an email or call up the peeps at GB and let them know what went down. They seem to be some pretty good people, I'm sure they'd hook you up in some form or fashion.
Old     (cam)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-24-2004, 3:25 AM Reply   
You shouldnt really get anything if you didnt win .... oh thats right, that how you got your president.
Old    r_dub            08-24-2004, 5:22 AM Reply   
I think the whole contest was a little weird because the description of what she wanted was completely different then the sketch they showed.
I think she picked Deans because he followed what the description said. And buergday followed the sketch and they noted that the sketch was not done by Leslie.
Man, what a controversy. This is just like the Olympics! We need to golds handed out, lol
They should have two graphics for her board this season.

(Message edited by r_dub on August 24, 2004)
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-24-2004, 5:46 AM Reply   
So, what does everyone think of the design?

IMO, I think it does not look professional at all. It reminds me of some "80's" graphics. I thought their were better designs from other contestants. Just my opinion...
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-24-2004, 9:06 AM Reply   
Ha Ha.........very funny Cam.
Old     (cs1094)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-24-2004, 11:50 AM Reply   
I thought the contest was wierd in that she described what she wanted down to the letter. It is great to know exactly what you want, but if you are doing a graphics contest, leave it broad and see what you get out of it. Seems like there would be several entries that were similar.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-24-2004, 12:01 PM Reply   
thats a good looking board
Old    buergday            08-24-2004, 9:06 PM Reply   
Yeah, I'm sorry if I came off like a jerk or a sore-loser in my previous post - you did a great job Dean. Congratulations man!
Old     (cam)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-24-2004, 11:26 PM Reply   
I'll send you over a DVD for your effort dude.
Will take a while as its coming from Australia.

http://wake.com.au/