Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (monkey_butt)      Join Date: Sep 2011 Location: Twin Cities       03-29-2013, 1:09 PM Reply   
boat is originally equipped with 2 SRM-24 interstate batteries. Last year stereo was acting up at times and seemed to have a few other odd issues with power on the boat but never connected the problem to lack of juice ... winterized boat and the guy told me that one of the batteries is shot ... so took them home, placed the bad one in the garage (temps above freezing for the entire winter in it) and the good one into the heated home - both placed on wood blocks for the 'old' fear of draining them when sitting on concrete ... so long story short - recharging them since last week (good and bad one) but as soon as I take them off - they basically drop to 50% so I have to assume they're shot. Now I can go and get replacements but Interstate's warranty is not a full replacement - I will pay based on the age of the battery despite both of them being now max 2 years old ...

Looked up other threads first and people seem to suggest Lifeline but not sure if that's the only recommendation. One battery is for starting - the 2nd one is for all the other stuff (wetsounds syn 2 and 4, 14 speakers, LED etc.) ... any suggestions?

size wise I'm limited to the same type (at least I think but can't measure - boat is in storage) but if someone knows - it's an Epic 23V 2012 with the gravity ballast fill system (the plumbing for those runs thru the battery compartment).