Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-07-2012, 7:14 PM Reply   
I've been looking forward to getting out there for 2 weeks no thinking of all the things I'd try and today my riding was just atrocious. My
Easier tricks werent happening and I fell
On pretty much everything. Anyone else
Have this happen? Just an off
Day?
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-07-2012, 7:56 PM Reply   
off day? every day! haha there is a lot of summer to put it all together. if you stress on it you will have a tougher time. I usually just get in the boat if it isn't going right and then ride again later.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-07-2012, 7:59 PM Reply   
Happens almost regularly every other day. If I ride well one day, I'm almost guaranteed to ride like **** the next. Today started off with horrible water conditions and I rode great. For me second set, it was much smoother, but I couldn't ride! Go figure! My point is that it happens to just about everyone. Consistency is something to strive for, but I haven't achieved it yet. Wakeboarding is an up-and-down thing. Just try not to get frustrated with yourself. It will always come back to you!
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-07-2012, 10:44 PM Reply   
at least youre riding man! lighten up and try some switch
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-08-2012, 7:07 AM Reply   
great strategy^
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-08-2012, 7:32 AM Reply   
I like to call them Glitch days. For me it seems to happen on a trick that I have on lock usually. For men anyway a HUGE part of it is Frustration. I start to get pissed off at my riding, start over thinning everything, then I cannot land anything. Like the Hammer Says usually its over the next set once I clear my head.

Trick Glitch is even more frustrating to me, where you have a trick on lock, you can do it in your sleep, then you crash on it once, and its gone for the whole set or longer. Last Fall it was a Crow Mobe. A trick I have had on lock for year, suddenly one set I went out the front and got blasted pretty good. Pissed off of course I got right back up and tried the trick first hit again, same shiat out the front. Then I must have tried it 50 more times in 3 sets crashing like I had never done the trick before. Took the next day off and then I was suddenly landing it again a few days later.

Most of us backyard warriors demand perfection in our riding. It doesn't take much to get us pissed off then everything starts falling apart in our riding. Best thing to do is to just go out and goof off remember why you love the sport.
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-08-2012, 7:37 AM Reply   
Very wise nitzel. It usually start when the first Thing goes
Wrong and then frustration mounts
Making everything worse. I like the switch strategy. I'm gonna give that a go next time
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-08-2012, 11:22 AM Reply   
This happens in every sport I do, now I realize it and just accept it for what it is. I try to enjoy the scenery, the people the fact that I am lucky to have the opportunity to screw off.
Yup, and in wakeboarding, I ride more switch.
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-08-2012, 12:34 PM Reply   
happened to me last weekend man, it is the worst feeling ever. Like everyone else is saying though, i'm certain it is all mental. I've reached the point in my riding where if i'm having one of those days, i just don't ride that day. It isn't worth continuing to try to nail a trick and getting hurt and screwing the rest of the season when you aren't mentally there. I found this out last weekend when i took a heel digger on a 3... sucks cuz it's such a low level trick lol....
Old     (tahoeguy7)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-09-2012, 10:12 AM Reply   
I think a lot of it is mental, but some days you just don't have it physically either.

I used to get frustrated when I couldn't land something, but then I finally realized that I don't get to ride enough to demand that much out of my riding.