Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-26-2010, 12:38 PM Reply   
Hi folks, just wanted to get your opinions on what you feel is a better deal in terms of total value between two boats that I am looking at. Both boats are the same gelcoat scheme.

2008 Supra 21v 0 hrs $43k
  • 340hp ETX CAT motor
  • Swivel racks
  • Stock ballast
  • Stock Kenwood stereo
  • Tandem trailer with swing-away tongue and spare, boat buddy
  • 4 yr. warranty
  • Tower Mirror
  • Altitude prop

There is no bimini, no covers, no light bar, no tower speakers. About as stock as you can get it. But it does have the motor I want.

2007 Supra 21v 80 hrs. $41.5k or B/O
  • Remainder of 4 yr warranty
  • 340 hp ETX CAT motor
  • Stock Kenwood stereo
  • Swivel racks
  • Tower speakers
  • Stock Ballast
  • Tandem trailer with swing-away tongue and spare, can't tell from pics if it has boat buddy
  • Tower and docking lights
  • Storage and Travel covers
  • Bimini
  • Comes with 2 boards, Ronix and Hyperlite

I am really not looking to spend more than $40k and I think the 2007 seems like a better deal for me even though there's more warranty on the 2008. I would have to spend a couple thousand for the options that I want on the 2008 (i.e. tower speakers, bimini, covers, tower lights, etc.) I'd really like to have the Z5 cargo rack but neither does, and i can always add that at a later time. On the other hand having a boat with ZERO hours and a fully warranty is REAL NICE! Both sellers are not that flexible on price. THe 2008 will go down as low as $43k and I think I can get the 2007 down to $39k.

Any advice? What are your thoughts? Perhaps I am not thinking of something that you all might bring up as good points to consider.